Final thoughts on Options 3670

madigand

OK, Getting ready to order next week. The following is a list of options I intend to get. We will be fulltiming/Workamping in this unit. Open to any and all comments and or suggestions. Hoping for delivery around 1 April.

2008 Heartland Bighorn Model 3670

King of the Mountain Base Package

Interior color: Majestic Blue

Options:

Thermo pane windows

Aluminum Rims

Hi-Gloss Gel-coat

Electric Rear Jacks

10 C.F. Refrigerator w/ Ice maker

26" LCD Flat Screen TV

Central Vacuum System

Electric Fireplace

Wire & Frame for 2nd A/C Unit

Pillow Pkg.

2 - 12V Batteries

Trail-Air Hitch

(4) Slide-Out Awnings
Hi Back Desk Chair
Generator Prep

Dealer installed Options

2nd A/C Unit in Bedroom 13.5 w/Heat Pump

2" Receiver Hitch (mounted on rear of camper for bike rack or small trailer)

Maxi Roof Vent Cover Package (2-Maxi Cover 1-M800 Cover)

Crank up Satellite Antenna w/ Digital Sensor or Automatic Stationery Satellite System

Looking forward to your feedback

Thanks
Dan

Last edited:

ChopperBill

Looks good to go to me, but you might think about adding a good inverter. Mine has been used as much as anything in the rig. Good luck!

C

Chulinw

I think I would not take the Electric Fire place and take the storage. Seems like people have had problems with the fire place. Do a search on the fire place on the form.

K

Ken Washington

Dan,
If I were going to be in my unit that much, I would go for the Weather Pro awning. It would really be nice just to push a button and it would be in or out! Also, I would not get the vinyl as it is hotter under it. Get the woven acrylic fabric instead. I have had both so I am speaking from experience.

Ken

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Sorry, Chulinw, but IMHO the fireplace is a great option and one of the major reasons that we switched out of a 2002 Carriage Cameo to the Bighorn.

A lot depends upon what type of camping you like to do and where. Very few campgrounds in Florida allow fires and when we are back in Michigan, we have a nice fire without the mosquitos and smoke shifting into our eyes.

madigand

Ken;
They do not offer the power awning on the big horns. I suspect will use the standard vinyl and later switch over to power awning and matching acrylic awnings over windows. I believe the fireplace is an extra source of heat on cool days instead of using propane and DW loves the fireplace. The heat pump in bedroom should supplement the heating on cooler days.

Chopper Bill, What size inverter? Will mostly be hooked up to AC and have generator prep package if I later decide to go that route

Thanks for all the info and advice

caokgafamily

We really enjoy our fireplace,and it does put off some heat. I wish I had paid to have the 2" receiver installed.What about a outside radio with speakers installed some where under the awning?

madigand

Caokgafamily, Have my existing 21" tv/vcr/dvd/radio I plan on using in the basement with the hook-ups. Thanks for the great idea

ChopperBill

madigand said:
Ken;

Chopper Bill, What size inverter? Will mostly be hooked up to AC and have generator prep package if I later decide to go that route

Thanks for all the info and advice
I have a Xantrex 3000 installed. Dont think I need that big but I have all the bases covered, like if I am watching TV and Renee turns something else on. If Heartland hadnt have installed that great Intelli-power 9260 converter I would have went with a Prosine model with all the bells and whistles. DONT FORGET the auto transfer switch!

SmokeyBare

We decided not to Upgrade to the 10 C.F. Refrigerator w/ Ice maker.

After I measured the differences between the 8 C.F. and the 10 C. F. - We just didn't find it was worth the expense.

When the time comes we decide we could use more Refrigerator space... I expect we will purchase a small unit and place it in the space where the Washer/Dryer Unit would go. That will give us far more C.F. space for far less cost. With the Ice Maker in the Freezer... you lose a large amount of the Freezer space. In my Own Opinion.

K

Ken Washington

Marv & Karen,
I ended up taking our ice maker out and we have so much more room now. The ice maker wasn't any count anyway!

Ken

madigand

I have a portable ice maker that makes more than enough ice for us. I plan on buying a small freezer to augment the freezer space. If needed will purchase a small icebox for outside. Thanks for the info and replies