2011 Chevy bed height

rons5er

I am thinking of buying a 2011 Chevy 3500 D/A DRW 4x4. I see in the specs the the bed height is listed at 37.9". My 2006 Chevy HD with a B&W Companion at its lowest setting, airbags at 35# is 35" (bed height) when hooked up to my 2011 BC 3250. Rig is level and I have 6.5" of bed to fiver clearence. Just wondering if that extra height on the new truck will not let me get it to run level. How much can I expect approx 2300lbs of pin weight to squat the 2011 down? I know a little nose high is ok but I would like to be level. Any of you out there running a similar set-up? Thanks and Good Travels.

nscaler2

We traded a 2006 Ford F350 for GMC 3500HD. I measured the Ford before we placed the order. The Ford was 38" to the bed unloaded. With our BH 3055RL with a pin weight of 2900lbs we had 6" of clearance with the rails. I figure if the GMC (and your Chevy which is the same as the GMC) starts out the same as our old Ford we should be OK. Only time will tell. It will be April before we hook up again.

Chuck Richard

Hi, I just purchased a '11 GMC 3500HD Dually and was worried about the fit also. I have not towed yet but hooked it up on the pad last week and will be towing this weekend. I had a '01 Chevy 2500 HD before and I had to raise the hitch 1 inch which puts me 3/8 of an inch lower than the old setup. I measured the trailer sitting level before hitching and to my surprise when hooked up and the landing gear up I had exactly 6 inches clearance between the bed and the trailer was perfectly level. I can let you know more after this weekend but it looks like a perfect fit.

Wrdherm

I got a new 3500 lastmonth and I am going be hooking it up tomm night I have a 3950 hauler I will send you pics with pin settings and photos..

rons5er

Update to my post: Had the 2011 Chevy DRW for a day for test drive. I measured the distance from the bed to the floor in the garage (it fits!). It measured 36" not 37.9" like the specs say. I was wondering if the SRW Chevies sit higher than the DRW Chevies. The Fords are that way. I should not have a problem being that 2011 is less than an inch higher than my 2006. The bedrails are one inch higher but I should be ok as I had 6.5" of clearence before. Going by all the measurments I took it should fit well so I bought it. The 06 found a home at my brothers so it's still in the family! Will have to wait till all this snow is gone to hook it up tho.

Northern Virginia
I have an 08 GMC D/A and had to raise my 20k Reese hitch to the highest setting. The back of the pin box would hit the top of the bed rail during a tight (backing) turn. On my maiden trip home from the dealer I put a dent in the rail backing into the drive.

I would recommend that you back into a tight turn very slowly and carefully watch the back of the pin box as it rides over the trucks bed rail until you are satisfied it will clear. Also, watch the 7 way junction box that is mounted to the back of the pin box. That seemed to be the lowest point and the first to come in contact with my rail. I was able to raise it a little to help it clear.

Good luck,
John