High Pointe Microwave display goes out when there is still power????

greylynn

I have a High Pointe microwave model EM925BSC in my 2008 Cyclone 3210. I have verified it has power, but after running it for a min or two the display goes out then it does nothing. If you let it sit there long enough it will come back on then work fine. No breakers are tripped, no blown fuses or short connections. I am wanting to just get rid of this one and get a newer fancy one so this doesn't go out on us while we are on the road. Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement?

Grey

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Grey, I wish I could be of more help. You might try doing a google/yahoo search using the brand name and model number to see what other info is out there. Other than that, calling Heartland is the next best advice I can offer. If it's a unit built in, you might be able to replace it with anything that will fit in the hole and can be trimmed up with wood trim. Several manufacturers offer built in trim kits.

Yellowreef

I have a High Pointe microwave model EM925BSC in my 2008 Cyclone 3210. I have verified it has power, but after running it for a min or two the display goes out then it does nothing. If you let it sit there long enough it will come back on then work fine. No breakers are tripped, no blown fuses or short connections. I am wanting to just get rid of this one and get a newer fancy one so this doesn't go out on us while we are on the road. Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement?

Grey

My microwave does this exact thing. Has anyone figured out what causes it?

wdk450

My microwave does this exact thing. Has anyone figured out what causes it?

This sounds like an internal overtemperature circuit breaker that resets after the circuits/magnetron area cools down. This is usually a symptom of poor ventillation cooling. Is the microwave blowing air out when it does run?
If more than 1 person has this problem, I would contact the manufacturer/authorized warranty servicer. Be sure to mention that the microwave is installed in an RV. The Halftime microwave I have has a special added cooling fan and shroud for RV use, added by the RV vendor.