View Full Version : Nor Cal Spring Rally on hold. Ideas Please?

01-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Well, folks, looks like my Spring rally is on hold for a bit and will turn into a Summer or Fall Rally.
I took a job that was supposed to be part time, but in reality, is full time for awhile. The job, coupled with family health issues has forced me to admit that I can't do this for a month or two.
Not to air all our family laundry, but my mother passed away in May, we've been cleaning her house and property to sell, and a month later my youngest sister was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma after her kidneys failed. She is headed to the Roseville Cancer center next week for a 6 week long process of stem cell harvesting and transfusion. Things are a bit better now than they have been, and there's an excellent chance this will work for her and put her into remission. She will still need dialysis, but the bone destruction should stop.

I will still do the Yreka Camp Out in June, as doing any event with Kristy is a piece of cake. (Mostly because she does all the work) LOL :) And I have some great stuff already lined up. Anyway, I'm looking for input on location and your preferences as to Summer or Fall. We can always do Oroville at any time, which is a popular location, or head into the mountains for a Summer Rally, or even the coast? I need some feed back from those that would be interested in attending. I'm open to any and all suggestions, but keep in mind the rally dates for adjoining chapters and the regional rally in Sparks, NV over the 4th of July.


04-10-2011, 09:00 PM
I hope things are going much better for your family.

If so, and I had any input, I would vote for the mountains in later summer. I am in reno so its easy for me to get to most of NC in a few hours.

That way it would be a month or more past the regional rally and folks may like a mountain event.

04-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Deb and I were just talking about that today. If anyone has ideas, I know she would like to hear them.

In the meantime, if you are up for a campout in June, you might want to consider the one Deb and I are doing together in Yreka for their Gold Rush Days. There is a link to that thread in the campout section of the Portal page, on the right hand side.

BTW Welcome to the forum!


04-10-2011, 09:50 PM
thanks for the kind thoughts! Things are better here. Mom's house is on the market and my sister is on target after the stem cell transplant & chemo. I'm still working mostly full time, but they are flexible with my camping dates as I work at an RV service center, and they understand camping.:)
I'm kind of leaning toward the Pioneer RV park at Quincy in late summer. (Suggestion from Art & Teresa) I know it's in some beautiful country and should be much cooler than the valley. Still waiting for a little more feedback before deciding on the final site. Oroville has been popular location in the past, due in large part to the easy accessibility from most of California and lots to do in the area.

Trailer Trash
05-15-2011, 06:04 PM
How about Pomo in Fort Bragg ? The last part of the road I think you have to go slow but the park is really highly rated, prices are reasonable, not sure if its centeralized enough to get everyone together. Hope you got your rig together. See you in Yreka.

Art and Teresa