Entertainment Center

Bob Vaughn

We looked at the brochure at the entertainment center and there is an open space between the top of the fireplace and the bottom of the TV.....BUT the one we bought is all enclosed....no more space that I could put my vhs and record player, yes record player...wonder why they did that?:confused:

jimtoo

Do you REALLY THINK that anyone remembers what a RECORD PLAYER is???? I almost ordered a record player the other day... was made to plug into usb port.. but I decided not to spend the money... I do still have a stack of 45's and 33 1/3's... and I think might even have a few 78's... life was good.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We looked at the brochure at the entertainment center and there is an open space between the top of the fireplace and the bottom of the TV.....BUT the one we bought is all enclosed....no more space that I could put my vhs and record player, yes record player...wonder why they did that?:confused:

Interiors are constantly under revision based on customer suggestions, parts availability, etc. There should be space somewhere in the cabinet for your VHS and Record Player both. Wish I had a record player. Still have few 33 1/3 albums and 45's, but no 78's.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I have a Numark USB Turntable that works really well. The only downside is, for the most part, you need to record in real-time. You can record your old albums at at a higher speed and reduce back to 33 when done. The included software lets you remove scratches etc. and works surprisingly well too. All for under $100.00

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I bought this Crosby turntable/CD/cassette player-recorder for the wife as a retirement gift. She's got a big collection of 33's and 45's. We had a Sansui stereo system, but it bit the dust years ago. I made the cabinet under it so she'd have a neater place to store her 45's.

View attachment 11738

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Wow...great looking cabinet! Must be nice to have such a talent! I have trouble nailing two 2x4's together!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thanks for the compliments. It's a hobby I picked up after we bought our first house a couple of millenia ago. Still trying to get it right, though.

Bob Vaughn

I bought this Crosby turntable/CD/cassette player-recorder for the wife as a retirement gift. She's got a big collection of 33's and 45's. We had a Sansui stereo system, but it bit the dust years ago. I made the cabinet under it so she'd have a neater place to store her 45's.

View attachment 11738
That is what I have it will make CD's from the records....then I will be able to listen to the CD's in my new Big Country...

Bob Vaughn

Today I went out and pulled my tv out to see what was behind it and how it was hooked up .....well guess what The mount is so tight I can not push it back in....I wonder if it can be loosened ?

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
my kids found my old albums and ask me what they were. I told them that the were the first cd's.