Added Genny to 3200ES

mary123

hello!
I have the Honda eu3000is gen. I didn't want to add any more to the pin weight, so mounted it on a rack on rear of my 3200es Sundance. I had my dealer weld on a very heavy duty rear hitch receiver, mounted to the frame with 2 heavy cross tubes. Since my power cord is at rear of trailer, this works out well. I now have a Hitch Hauler Rack with gen. on it. We just returned from a 2 month trip to the Southwest and the setup works great! I got the generator with the remote start, so can be started and stopped from in trailer. I will be installing a GearDeck 17 enclosed box on back in place of open rack, to protect the gen from rain and road slop.
thanks....

jimtoo

Re: Sundance 3000RK Questions

Hi mary,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Glad your hitch and generator worked out for you.. you might want to post a picture of hitch and setup... just incase anyone else wants to do the same.

Enjoy the forum and welcome to the family.

Jim M

jcarnevale

Re: Sundance 3000RK Questions

hello!
I have the Honda eu3000is gen. I didn't want to add any more to the pin weight, so mounted it on a rack on rear of my 3200es Sundance. I had my dealer weld on a very heavy duty rear hitch receiver, mounted to the frame with 2 heavy cross tubes. Since my power cord is at rear of trailer, this works out well. I now have a Hitch Hauler Rack with gen. on it. We just returned from a 2 month trip to the Southwest and the setup works great! I got the generator with the remote start, so can be started and stopped from in trailer. I will be installing a GearDeck 17 enclosed box on back in place of open rack, to protect the gen from rain and road slop.
thanks....

Mary, can you post some pictures for us, that sounds like a nice setup!

Jay

rikchris

We did the same thing on our 2011 3200es Sundance and it works perfect. The 3000 generator was getting pretty heavy to load off and on the truck.

rikchris

We own a 2011 3200ES Sundance. We bought a rear bumper hitch receiver that bolts directly to the bumper with a rack that installs into the hitch. The generator rides very well and have had no problems, yet.

Sundance_kid

We own a 2011 3200ES Sundance. We bought a rear bumper hitch receiver that bolts directly to the bumper with a rack that installs into the hitch. The generator rides very well and have had no problems, yet.

The bumpers arn't made to hold much, so I'd keep an eye on the welds that hold it to the frame. Happy trails.

GOTTOYS

I wouldn't trust just the bumper to hold my genny. Those bumpers are nothing more than a light gauge tube that was designed to hold the sewer hose and that's it. Search around the web and you'll find they aren't even recommended to hold a bike rack in original form. I'd have a good welder/fabricator look at it and have it reinforced to hold some weight. JMHO..Don