Trailair Equa-Flex Equalizer

C

Chulinw

Has anyone put the trailair equa-flex equalizer on their unit to improve the ride of the 5er. Is the expense justified to help improve the ride. I think Heartland is putting them on the new units. Do they really help out?

ct0218

Where have you found information about it? Is it something that can be added to upgrade existing units?

jbeletti

The Trailair Equa-Flex flexible equalizer system appears to be able to be added as a retro-fit to units that have a steel system.

I don't see detail on it on Trailair's website but I read this somewhere recently.

Jim

jimtoo

I had the Mor-ryde on the 06 3055 that we had and the new 08 3055 has the Trailair equaflex. I think the ride quality of the two brands is about the same.

As far as improving quality of ride, there is no question that the ride in the trailer is better, and the difference can be felt in the tow vehicle. I would never have another unit without it.

I also have the Trailair Pinbox, another thing that I would not be without, as this improves the tow vehicle ride.

C

Chulinw

I got them from Trailair for the two axles they told me I needed EQ6G suspension. Just call trailair and they will ship them to you. I put them on this morning and it took just around 1 1/2 hours for each side. Jack up the unit and put heavy duty jack stands under and take the tires off so that you can get solid steel system and undo the bolts or cut them off like I did because they send you new bolts that grease fittings with new bushings. I found the old bolts to be rusted and hard to get off is the reason I cut them off. Now I have to take a trip to see how the ride is.

Forrest Fetherolf

I installed the trailair suspension two weeks ago and pulled from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. I did not notice any difference in the pull. I would think the real way to tell is to ride in the rv before and after the change. My 3600RL came with trailair pin box and leaf springs with shocks. Every little bit will help the ride.

svd

Which part # to order?

Chulinw,
Is the letter/number in your post (EQ6G) the part number for the Equa-Flex for your trailer? And you have a 3400RL, correct? I am thinking about ordering a set also. Thanks