A and E 8000 on Bighorn 3670

madigand

Is it possible to get the electric A and E 8000 Awning on the bighorn 3670 at the factory? There was not an option on the bid sheet.
Thanks
Dan

jbeletti

Hi Dan,

The factory doesn't see the forum on the weekends much so I'll take a stab at this. The electric awning is not available as a factory orderable option on the Bighorn.

Most dealers could add it as a replacement item before delivery but the cost would likely be more than the incremental cost unless he has a need for your new manual unit.

K

Ken Washington

Hi Jim,
Can the Bighorn or any other unit be ordered without a awning and then the Weather Pro installed bu the dealer! Just a thought!

Ken

jbeletti

Ken,

Scott or Coley will have to weigh in to be certain on this but my sense is that nothing that is standard can be dropped for credit.

Jim

madigand

Thanks for the reply Jim. I was just curious if it was possible for this, rather than have toe take off new awning and replace with power awning. Ken had mentioned this to me and i had not considered it. Again thanks for all the great support and info

Dan
soon to be owner Bighorn 3670

jbeletti

Dan,

I spoke to the dealer here, Kramer's RV and they told me about 12V Travel'r powered awning retrofit for non-powered Carefree and Dometic A&E units.

It replaces the awning arms with powered units but uses your original non-powered awning. Check it out.

Jim

On edit: Link to product

Last edited: