Truck Tires - sizes * specs * opinions

J

Jim_1899

My tuck is a Ford F350 Crewcab Shortbed 6.0 Power Stroke Turbo Diesel the original tires - Continental 275/70/18. I am sticky with the original equipment and size for my new tires.

I just ordered 4 new Continental Conti Trac
Max load 3640
Max inflation 80 lbs
Tread Depth 12/32
Weight 56 lbs
Rim Width 7-5.5"
Sect Width 10.9"
Overall Diam 33.2"
Revolutions per mile 628

The tires are quite, have worn evenly, and drive smooth. They have not lost air ever. The weight on my rear tires are 5860.

Tom of Ypsi

I just left the RV show here in Detroit and they had two new 2008 Fords, one a F-450 dually and the other a F-350 SRW and they both have Continentals on them. I guess they must be a pretty good tires if they are putting them on the new restyled and engineered trucks. I had Continentals on another truck and had no problems.

J

Jim_1899

UPS delivered my tires today and there is alot of tread. I was reading the post on tire pressure and think I will go with the Max pressure rating of 80psi on all four. My last set I used 65 front and 75psi on the back.

I will start using my mud flaps with the new tread since they will hold the rocks and then shoot them like a bullet at the RV. http://www.mudflaps.com/

nhunter

I always have mudflaps on but started pulling with my Rock Solid on and without the trailer you can see a lot less gravel flying behind on a gravel road.