Lift Top Coffee Table

gawelsh

We're thinking of a small coffee table for in front of our sofa - we'd like one with a lift-top, so we can use it with the laptop or for eating in front of the TV. First - does anyone have a coffee table in their Landmark and if so, is there adequate room for it or does it crowd the space too much ? Secondly - where can we find a small lift-top table ? I"ve been looking on-line and they all seem too big (most are 48" long. I was thinking that 36" or so would be a better fit.)

Would appreciate input on all of this - THANKS SO MUCH !

svd

I saw these in a couple of units at the show in Michigan, they look interesting. I think if you look around on the Camping World site they have one. I don't recall the dimensions, but I think it cost $180-$200.

Cheryl

I bought an Amish Cedar lHope Chest last summer to use as a coffee table - bonus, I can store pillws and blankers for the hide a bed in it. I don't rmember the dimensions and I can't get to the trailer right now, but there is still plenty of room. I store it under the desk while moving down the road. It comes close to touching the couch with the slides in but I have a few inches of clearance. We have the Golden Gate model.

Tom of Ypsi

George and Lindsey,

We have the exact table in our Mt. Rushmore and really like it and it does not take up that much room. The only problem is for traveling the table wants to oen up. I ended up putting one of those ball type bunge cords on the underside of the table on the lift bracket to secure it for traveling. We picked up the table at Camping World on a close out for $175.

gawelsh

THANKS !! These look great, too....I'm leaning toward the smaller sizes among all these choices. What I don't know is how much space we really have - like everyone else, we can't get to our RV right now.

Deb

Deb
We bought this table last year. It is expensive, ($300.00) but very well made and we feel well worth the money. http://www.amazingmagictable.com/ check it out. It meets our needs and more. Works well as extra dining space. And folds up to almost nothing. When we are home we take it into the house and use it as a coffee table in our bedroom. So it is being used all the time.

Deb

Midastouch

gawelsh ...

I really like the look of that table ... where did you order from?

I have been reading the posts on this subject because I have been in the market for a coffee table myself. I ordered the one from Camping world and when it got here, I opened the box, saw the top and new it was not the quality I thought it was. After sliding it out of the box completely, I slid it right back in the box and called them to come pick it up. They were great about that and the refund but I am still looking.

I'm wondering if the dark wood in the pic is the only finish yours comes in or would they have a maple finish?

gawelsh

By now, you've seen the 3 finishes - I ordered the "Honey" finish, which in the photo appears close in color to the cabinetry in the Landmark. It has to be "assembled" which means George will have something to keep him off the streets for a day:D I'll post our 'review' as soon as it's here and assembled !!

Tom of Ypsi

Belva and Richard,

Welcome to this forum. If you think you might be on the road before this years rally May 31 to June 3 you should think about coming to the rally. Better hurry though as it looks like it is filling up fast and what better place to go for a shakedown cruise.

gawelsh

The Sportmans Guide does have a lift top coffee table, but not the 'storage chest' model from the Brookstone catalog - at least not that I can find ! THanks , though, for the help. The other good thing about the Brookstone table is its size - it's 38" long, which is the smallest I've found in my days of searching. I'm trying to keep my living room space as open as possible , while still getting a functional table. I hope this one does the trick - I'll provide details once it gets here and George puts it together.

jimtoo

You are so right John, thanks for correcting the address. That's what happens when you don't double check things.
Jim

bsnider

BS & Ruth Ann
Just ordered one

svd said:
I saw these in a couple of units at the show in Michigan, they look interesting. I think if you look around on the Camping World site they have one. I don't recall the dimensions, but I think it cost $180-$200.

We just ordered one from Camping World - $261.95 including Texas sales tax. Size is 36”L x 20”W x 18”H Part number is 31683. I looked on line at the other choices and found that this was the only one that
was advertised as solid wood top. The one from Brookshire looked very good, and expensive, but I think it's weight might make it harder to move around.