Propane pick-up hose leaking.

2010augusta

I noticed the last time I re-filled the ODS tank I could smell propane, after turning the tank on. I tested the area with soapy water and found out the short hose from the tank to the regulator was leaking were the fitting is crimped onto the hose. It would go away depending on how I wiggled the hose. I wrapped it in rescue tape as a short-term patch, and today got the new pig-tails and feel MUCH better now that there is no leak at all.

I post this just as a heads-up to be on the look out or rather sniff-out for a very subtle propane smell near the tanks.

hoefler

A good practice to adopt is; any time you change a cylinder of propane, you should always do a leak check on any of the related fittings that would get disturbed in the process.

Jim-n-Leslie

I had the same issue in November with mine. The trailer is laid up, and it is one of the items I have to go down to the RV store to purchase. I have about three different reminders posted around so I get it done before we start camping in the Spring. Like you, wiggling it stopped the leak, but that definitely is not a solution. Too much riding on this rig to ignore such a leak!
Jim

2010augusta

What is rescue tape?? I have seen it on several threads
from their web-site

Rescue Tape is a self-fusing silicone repair product with infinite uses. First used by the US Military and now seen at consumer and industrial trade shows across America, this is the most versatile and easy-to-use emergency repair product available. You can repair leaks on plumbing and hoses in a flash, use to insulate electrical wiring or as shrink wrap, wrap tool handles, and much, much more.

• Is Self-Fusing!
• Incredible 950 PSI Tensile Strength!
• Insulates 8,000 Volts per layer!
• Withstands 500° F Degrees of heat!
• Remains flexible to -85° F! (-60° C)
• Creates a Permanent Air-Tight, Water-Tight Seal in seconds!
• Never gets gummy or sticky like electrical or duct tape - No messy cleanup!
• Has an unbelievably long shelf life!
• Is extremely versatile!
• Resists Fuels, Oils, Acids, Solvents, Salt Water, Road Salt, UV Rays

FARMER45

I think i need some for my tool box, i dont know how i have missed this product, i will look for some in local stores
thanks for the info.