2011 BigHorn 3585 RL

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
New 5th Wheel 001.JPGNew 5th Wheel 003.JPGNew 5th Wheel 005.JPGNew 5th Wheel 006.JPG

Saturday 01/22/11 Taking delivery on Our new BigHorn in Tulsa, Ok. Liking it so much. Ready to get out there. See you'all down the road
//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/pencil.png

truknutt

Committed Member
That's a very nice lookin' rig you've got there. Hope you and your "model" enjoy making memories with it. See ya down the road sometime.

jbeletti

Nice looking couples, Larry and Misses and Bighorn and white Ford :) The BH 3585 is giving the 3670 a good run for being one of the most popular Bighorns at this time. Have fun!

Jim

letourno

Quebec Chapter Leader-retired
Congrats for your good taste! We can't wait to take delivery our own brand new 3585 and Ford F-350 next April. Over here we are still having sub-zero temperatures and snow...

ihsolutions

The BH 3585 is giving the 3670 a good run for being one of the most popular Bighorns at this time.

Jim,

Some thoughts from a 3670 owner who spends WAY too much time thinking about this stuff... I love the bedroom/bath layout of the 3585. The wider steps, extra room around the bed (not having the bathroom slider door only a few inches from the bed). Also I love the larger bedroom slide, and the fact that the two small ODS slides on the 3670 are combined into one larger slide on the 3585 (less maintenance). I opted for the 3670 at the time because the pin weight was quite a bit lower and I'm maxed out, though that may not be a concern for most buyers.

The only thing the 3585 lacks, that I would miss, is the extra counter space at the very front of the kitchen. We use that a lot, for coffee pot, keys, wallets, sunscreen, snacks, etc, etc.

In short, the 3585 is the only Big Horn I would trade my 3670 for based on my family's (current) needs.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Nice looking couples, Larry and Misses and Bighorn and white Ford :) The BH 3585 is giving the 3670 a good run for being one of the most popular Bighorns at this time. Have fun! Jim

That 3585 floorplan looks really familiar! :D

Congratulations on the new rig!

boatdoc

Jim,

Some thoughts from a 3670 owner who spends WAY too much time thinking about this stuff... I love the bedroom/bath layout of the 3585. The wider steps, extra room around the bed (not having the bathroom slider door only a few inches from the bed). Also I love the larger bedroom slide, and the fact that the two small ODS slides on the 3670 are combined into one larger slide on the 3585 (less maintenance). I opted for the 3670 at the time because the pin weight was quite a bit lower and I'm maxed out, though that may not be a concern for most buyers.

The only thing the 3585 lacks, that I would miss, is the extra counter space at the very front of the kitchen. We use that a lot, for coffee pot, keys, wallets, sunscreen, snacks, etc, etc.

In short, the 3585 is the only Big Horn I would trade my 3670 for based on my family's (current) needs.

X2. We really like the 3585 and our 3670 is just as well liked but that room around the bed is calling. The only thing holding us back, is the 3670 is PAID for.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Larry, Congrats on your new rig. We really liked the 3585, especially the bedroom/bath layout. Plus that stairway was just elegant. In the end, the wife was locked on the kitchen in the 3570. Either way, we would be very happy. I know you will enjoy your coach and hope to meet you down the road. Hogan

funntheson

We love our 3585, but with the King size bed there is very little room between the bed and the bathroom wall. There is plenty of room on the opposite side and at the foot of the bed. Some people would opt for the queen size bed, but I would have to ask if they plan on spending more time sleeping, or walking around the bed.

We have taken our rig out for two weekend trips, now it is in the shop for the list of warranty repairs (nothing major). We will be back at it some time in February.

aquiring signal

The BH 3585 is giving the 3670 a good run for being one of the most popular Bighorns at this time. Have fun!

Jim

We just ordered a (2011) 3585 & will be trading our (2008) 3670. We lose a little counter space, but the list in the "plus" column seems to outweigh this.
*hydraulic landing gear
*electric bedroom slide=more under-bed storage
*fewer slides yet larger slide area
*stainless steel sink (not in 08)
*TV visible from kitchen
*laundry doors (not in 08)
*bedroom door (not in 08)
*kitchen window

aquiring signal

We love our 3585, but with the King size bed there is very little room between the bed and the bathroom wall. There is plenty of room on the opposite side and at the foot of the bed. Some people would opt for the queen size bed, but I would have to ask if they plan on spending more time sleeping, or walking around the bed.

We have taken our rig out for two weekend trips, now it is in the shop for the list of warranty repairs (nothing major). We will be back at it some time in February.

One of the first mods we did in our 3670 was king to queen conversion. This time around we ordered the queen from the start. Some will prefer the larger bed, but we found the queen to be plenty big and the extra space is worth it.

caissiel

we had the california king for 1 week and we lost ourselves in the bed and I had a sore back for a week. We converted the bed frame to suit a queen and we have been happy ever since. We also had a Double instead of a queen in the previous trailer. Its a world of difference to have a bed we can be happy in 1/3 of our life. The space is an added benefit to us and well worth it. In addition we added deeper storage under the bed while I was modifying it.

dmcessna

Jon & Mary,

Gonna' high jack a thread here. So, how is the new 3585 working out? I'd also like to know how you rate your experience with Wichita RV.

aquiring signal

Jon & Mary,

Gonna' high jack a thread here. So, how is the new 3585 working out? I'd also like to know how you rate your experience with Wichita RV.

We're getting settled into the 3585 and things are working out great. Mary loves the open floor plan and I'm loving the big TV. She's still figuring out her kitchen, as admittedly our 3670 had more kitchen cabinets. The cabinets in the hallway are doubling as a pantry so it'll work out once she gets completely settled. I wrote a comparison/review, you can find it here on the forum.

Wichita RV has been great. Very accommodating and thorough. I would certainly recommend them & would even buy our next rig from them if we are in this area then.

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
We did our first camp first of March locally in Okla City Twin Fountains... Very nice RV park met some wonderful people... Wanted to check out the new BH 3585.. I was so pleased every thing worked very well.. The only problem we have had was a broken door. The glass door just in side the coach to the right. They ordered a new one. So far the dealer has received 3 of them all with a problem.. I called today and the new one is in with no problems hopefully... I will pull it to Tulsa next week and have them install it.. if it breaks it's on them.. Happy RVing everyone
Larry & Donna Keever
Oklahoma City
2011 BH 3585 RL
2010 Ford F-350 FX4 Lariet 6.4 Diesel Dually