ATF: Elk / Eagle Ridge -

I'm having a serious problem with water coming out the overflow vent when I try to fill the fresh water tank. I can't get a full tank because it throws up 3-4 gallons out the fill hole & vent hole when I remove the hose. (not pressurized) So the fresh water tank never gets full. About 2/3rds. Plus after having this unit on the road a few times I'm finding the storage bay floor very wet & when I check the fresh water level it's down to 1/3 w/o using any water with everything in the vicinity of the UDS very WET. Is this water somehow bouncing out the overflow vent or the fill spout? I have completely dried out the floor everytime. Drive the RLSS 10 miles & it's wet again. NOT JUST A LITTLE WET! REAL WET. Any ideas to send me or the Tech in the right direction would be most appreciative.
2011 Elkridge 27 RLSS
Thank You, MS

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The first thing that comes to mind for me is the tank level sensors. I've never had much confidence in them. You may very well have a full tank or even over filled and the water coming out is due to that. Just a guess though.
If you do a lot of dry camping, consider putting maybe 20-25 gallons of water in the fresh tank before leaving home. Get to your campground and do a final fill there. At least that way, you'll be sure to have a full tank to start with.

Cimriver

Sounds like you may have an airlock. I also had this problem. Someone on this forum suggested that I get a piece of plastic tubing that fits over the air vent. Measure the diameter of the vent and head your favorite home improvement center and find a piece of tubing. You will find there is a size that will fit over it. Don't remember the size. Blow on the tubing until you hear air buboes. I think you will find you can fill your tanks all of the way. Worked for me. Hope it works for you.

olcoon

I've also got a 27RLSS, and have had the problem of the basement getting wet. It'll do it sitting still, I'm kind of thinking it's got something to do with the outside shower. I've found it wet in that area, and I'm thinking that water is seeping around the shower head. When it gets warmer I'm planning on putting shutoff valves behind the UDC where the lines go to the shower. Hopefully that'll work. I usually don't have water in the tank when I'm on the road. Most of the time while camping we'll be hooked up to city water. The trick that Cimriver talked about works, as I've had to use it before.

B

bwwalczak

This sounds like it could be an air lock. If the air cannot escape the tank - it will limit filling.

Your best bet is to see if a smaller fill hose will work. This should allow some air to escape while filling.

If this does not remedy, a local dealer can certainly help answer and remedy.