beedroom slide

davebennington

We just got back from 3 days in Williamsburg,VA good time however it was cold in the twenties and thirties.
My question to any body that can help is the bedroom slide keeps moving in after it has been extended (makes for a cold bedroom ), I had this looked at by the dealer sometime ago and they said it was fixed. Has anyone else had this problem? I checked the lines no leaks also all the fittings no leaks there either.

Dave

jpmorgan37

Hi Dave;

Never had the problem but wondering if you turned the valves off after the slide was moved out, if that would help. I usually push them out till it groans and then leave it and, so far, haven't had any problem. Pressure is bleeding off somewhere and allowing your hydraulics to retract, so maybe shutting the valve would stop it. Just a thought.
John

nhunter

I thought that they used double acting hydraulic cylinders, so you would need hydraulic pressure to retract slide as well as extend. That seems very strange

ct0218

That's correct, there are no springs, etc, so it would take h fluid and pressure to make it come in. Strange indeed.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
davebennington said:
We just got back from 3 days in Williamsburg,VA good time however it was cold in the twenties and thirties.
My question to any body that can help is the bedroom slide keeps moving in after it has been extended (makes for a cold bedroom ), I had this looked at by the dealer sometime ago and they said it was fixed. Has anyone else had this problem? I checked the lines no leaks also all the fittings no leaks there either.

Dave
Sorry you had trouble with your slide out but glad you had a safe trip.

davebennington

Thanks for the response I am somewhat confused also. I did think about shutting off the valve to see if the same thing would occur, however by the time I noticed that the slide had worked its way in it was time to start packing up and moving on. It came in about 3 to 4 inches over the 3 days we had it out. I may put the slide out here at home and see what happens, I will keep you informed as to the outcome.

Dave

nhunter

I wonder if something could have fallen behind the slide out flange and slowly pushed in slide. I had a phone antenna that I sit on top of entertainment slide and forgot. Packed up and set up again and noticed slide was coming back in?

davebennington

I have just got off the phone with Jim Fenner at Heartland and discussing my slide problem, he has recommed that I take the coach in to the dealer to have it looked at. I will have to make an appointment to get this problem taken care of. I guess it is a good thing the slide works its way in instead of out maybe going down the road.
Dave

Bed slide

There are 2 actuators attached to the pump, by your exterior slide out switch. The possibility of one turn in slightly could cause some funny reactions. Your hydrolic fluid take the path of least resistance, which usually means the bed slide, being the closest to the pump moves first. The actuator valves are small metal knobs at the top of your hydralic pump in the front cargo compartment, they should be all the way unscrewed. If one is even slightly turned in,,you could be getting some funny reactoins.

Matt Cameron
Recreational Specialties
(574)266-7911
www.rec-spec.com

davebennington

Matt,

Thanks for the input. I have been testing the slide since we got home it will go in even if the control valve in in the "lock or disable" position. I will be taking the coach to the dealer on wed.

Dave