Purchasing a 3612 need advice

Hi. I am going to be ordering a Cyclone 3612. I already know I need to add the 2nd air conditioner and have heard that I should upgrade the tires. Can anyone else suggest anyother options that I should include from the get go. Also on the generator, what are the pro/cons on Gas vs Propane? Anything to make trips easier for a woman trav eling alone or things you wished you'd got from the start.

I will be living in it from May 1st to Oct 1 this year as I travel all over the country. After that it will be for shorter trips for a while.. I live in Florida year round. Thanks for the help.

Tracey

truknutt

Committed Member
If it were me...Automatic awning, slide toppers, double paned windows, LEVEL-UP system and some sort of electrical protection system such as the Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C.

Cyclones are heavy so look at an air ride pin box & depending on your tow vehicle; air bags. You've been doing this already so the rest like vent covers, water filters and such you should already know about.

Luv the 3612 floorplan. Good luck with your purchase.

Kurt

Kurt&Gwen
I would like to echo what Truknutt listed. We purchased the Fifth Airborn pinbox prior to receiving our new Cyclone 3612 HD. It will protect your new investment and make the drive in the cab a lot smoother. We drove from Washington to Alaska and were very thankful to have purchased the unit (the AlCan highway isn't the smoothest). Our cost was around $900 and was worth every penny.

As for the generator, I would recommend going with gas. Your Cyclone has a 35 gallon fuel tank that the generator would use. If managed properly, you could use the generator for weeks if not longer while dry camping (depending on weather and usage). With propane, you only have 2 30lb tanks that will be use to run a large furnace and the gas range for cooking.

The second a/c is a must, especially in hot humid areas as Florida. Fan Mate® Power Vent Covers are nice for when the weather is foul and you need/want to keep the vents open. UltrHeat for your tanks, pipes and elbows will also help protect your investment from possible freezing. The Surge Guard 34560 hard wire surge protector could help eliminate any costly electrical repairs due to power surges from shore power. Plus, with a hard wired surge protector, you wont have to worry about someone steeling it (which is commond from what I've heard). Attach is a link for surge protecting. http://reviewsurgeprotector.com/what-is-the-best-rv-surge-protector-on-the-market.html

Another upgrade we did was to have the microwave replace with a, Half Time microwave/convection oven (we don't plan on ever using the gas oven).

Good Luck

trvlrerik

I would have gotten the hydraulic Level Up system, and higher pressure (110psi) rims with upgraded tires. I am not sure if it is standard now but the storage area in the "duck bill" sloped floor of the garage would be great.

rustyshakelford

we ordered out 3010 last month and got:

generator
double pane windows
aux fuel cell
2nd a/c

and upgraded the tires to G-rated goodyears, also went with the hd package becuase we liked the look of it

if doing it over, I would go with the new onyx interior and maybe the a/c with heat pump

brett