3450ts window above kitchen counter?

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We have an early 2011 3450TS. I frequent the Heartland website often and I noticed in the 360' view, the 3450 has a window above the kitchen counter to the left of the range hood and wooden kick panels on the staircase.

Does anyone know if these are new changes to the floorplan or optional items?

Just curious!

SJH

Those seem like really nice changes! The window by the range must really help with light since there are no windows on that wall at all with ours.

gratton

It is nice. It's strange to me that we have the same year and model and you do not have that. I took delivery of mine in March of 2010. Not sure when it was made as I purchased it off the lot and it's in storage.

SJH

It is nice. It's strange to me that we have the same year and model and you do not have that. I took delivery of mine in March of 2010. Not sure when it was made as I purchased it off the lot and it's in storage.

We got ours a month before you! They must have forgot the window in ours! :eek: We still love the rig but the extra light would have been nice. We don't really need the extra drawers in the staircase but the wooden kick panels look nice!

Hey...do you have slam baggage doors or the standard twist knobs? Seems to me I saw a picture of a Big Country the other day with the slam doors!

archbarb

We don't have the 3450TS, but instead the 3250TS. Even though the kitchen is totally different in both models we do have a window at the right of the stove at the kitchen sink. The extra light is nice. Also the wood kick plates are covers for stair drawers where I keep various hand tool, fuses and other small items I use often. We have a June 2010 build and do have the slam doors. Love em, easy open easy close.

Archie

gratton

I have the slam baggage doors and like them very much. The stair draws are a good place to keep the attachments for the central vac.

SJH

WOW...we must have got the first 2011 off the line! Like I mentioned...we don't have any of that stuff!

bacaye

We got our 3450 in April from a dealer so sure it was made early too. We do have the window with the little cabinet above. I love the window but the cabinet is not easy to use. I keep my plates, cereal bowls, cups and glasses in it but it would not work for someone short. After seeing a new Redwood by Thor I would love a Big Country with the Redwood cabinet and the walk around island.. I need to rethink my storage choices when we get the camper out of storage. I really dislike the tall cabinet because you can't pull anything out..meaning you can never find anything...I would like some suggestions as to where all of you put kitchen items in the 3450?

rvn4fun

Our's was a late 2011 and it has the window and the drawers in the steps. Ours doesn't have the slam doors, when we picked it up I looked around at other BCs and they had the slam doors. I was upset with the dealer about this as they were same year rv's. Dealer said that's the way Heartland does stuff, changes in the middle of the year. We are still not happy over it, when we buy new, we want new.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
All RV manufacturers do this - continually changing things. Part of it is to correct minor issues, part because the customers have clamored for it, sometimes because suppliers change their parts.

Dee_Jay

I must totally agree with you abt that cupboard. Ours is the same trailer as yours and we have the window, drawers in the stairs too. I put the light stuff in that window cabinet. Like the tupperware stuff. I have a mess in there all the time as I can't reach properly over the counter to get stuff out so it also hard to put it back in. I havent decided yet where to put that stuff. Still working on it. Only had it since Feb and only been out in it 3 times. I have put my plates, bowls cups and glasses (all unbreakable) in the drawers to the right of the stove. It seems to work. The cups and glasses I have stacked and laying down but it all works.

Dee_Jay

I agree about the window. I have that window in mine but after having a sky light in my old (1999) Citation I find it very dark indeed. We have 5 acres in the mountains and lots of trees there so we run solar panels. I find you need to run the lights a lot due to the lack of light - only that 1 small window on that side, thus batteries are low a lot, may need to buy a couple of batteries now. We already have 4 6volt deep cycle batteries. I just wonder why they dont put the skylight in these new trailers. I loved mine and never had a problem with it. Anyone know why they dont install them anymore?