Would like to know if we can upgrade our stove cover

GETnBYE

I am wondering if it is possible to change the top of the stove to include a piece of the corian counter top? That is if I could get a piece of it cut to fit. Just wondering what is done as far as placement when the units with the hidden stoves are put in.
Hope to get some input from the design team at Heartland.
Nita.......who needs some extra counter space.

jbeletti

Re: Would like to know if

Nita - In the coaches with solid surface stove covers, I believe the stoves are installed a bit lower.

Pretty sure Heartland won't customer manufacture one for your unit, but other RVers bought or created their own solid covers. A year or 2 ago, an owner showed a picture here on the forum of a wooden top he made that looked awesome.

Hoping others here will have ideas for you.

Jim

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

I did see once that someone had a butcher block cutting board that connected to the burner grates that would add some extra counter top.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

When we picked up our rig, the folding stove top was missing. So our saleswoman gave us this wooden one. We like it a lot better and the feet secure into the burner grate. I made the magnetic spice rack on the counter next to it.

View attachment 11771

GETnBYE

Wow, what a great help. I don't mind it being wood at all, I just have a hard time with the metal top. I guess Wayne will have a new project now!!! I'll try to post a photo "if", when we get it done.
Thanks so much,
Nita

GETnBYE

JohnDar, Can I ask what type of feet that secure it you are referring to?
Nita