Microwave/convection oven

Just wondering if anyone received a recipe book with their Frigidaire micro / convection oven. I only received the manual for operating it. Never having had a combo oven, I need a liitle more help for the cooking instructions. Cheryl

jimtoo

Hi Cheryl,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will receive lots of information from the family. I don't think we got a "recipe" book, but did receive a book giving good directions to times. We have had no problems using or learning to use the micro/convection oven.. It works really good,,, just need to experiment a bit...

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Hunter

Newby
No special Cookbooks are needed, just use your favorite recipes at the standard recipe temperature.

I must admit, I use the convection setting most of the time. I haven't use the 1/2 time feature, but as I understand it, the only thing different is you decrease your time it takes to cook.

Good luck.

MountainTop

There are just a few adjustments you need to make for cooking with convection. First, always use a rack 9should come with the unit) to allow the heated air to circulate around the food. Second, lower the cooking temp about 25 degrees. Or, use the recipe recommended temp. but cook a slightly shorter time. Remember not to use plastic. I bought a variety of silicone cookware because it can be used in for microwaving and baking. Look for products by Orca - a little pricey, but excellent quality. When using silicone pans, be sure you place them on something solid like a pizza pan because silicone gets very flexible when hot, making it a challenge to pick up the pans.

MountainTop

Oh - I think the half time feature is a combination of microwave and convection. when I used it I could hear the microwave cycling on and off. It speeds up baking & roasting time.