F-450 Ford

BluegrassMan

Hi Guy's:

Well, I went down to my friendly Ford dealer today. I explained how I was looking at the 450 on the internet...bla bla. This boy said do you want to see one ? To which I said do ya'll have one / I was driving around here Sunday, I didn't see any!
This one is out behind the building...I'll go get it! WOW! A white/gold Lariat "LOADED" to the hilt! Way more on this baby than I want, but it was great to sniff around. Just don't look under the hood, what nightmare of stuff.:eek: It sure was a great truck though I didn't take it out for a drive. I got sticker shock a little...$57,265. This isn't even a King Ranch!

I explained my window of opportunity in a couple months. Momma is excited with the literature, she got stuck on the King Ranch page. That may be too rich for my blood:cool:

Tom of Ypsi

Denny, I know what you mean by sticker shock. I saw a KR last Saturday for 59.7K with a 4.88 rear and there was a SRW, F-350 XLT loaded for $53K. The engine was something else to look at:eek: but they sure are quiet. I wish the DW would let me buy one. Maybe after the house sells and we go to the rally and get weighed to see if I am overweight or not.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
BluegrassMan said:
Hi Guy's:

Well, I went down to my friendly Ford dealer today. I explained how I was looking at the 450 on the internet...bla bla. This boy said do you want to see one ? To which I said do ya'll have one / I was driving around here Sunday, I didn't see any!
This one is out behind the building...I'll go get it! WOW! A white/gold Lariat "LOADED" to the hilt! Way more on this baby than I want, but it was great to sniff around. Just don't look under the hood, what nightmare of stuff.:eek: It sure was a great truck though I didn't take it out for a drive. I got sticker shock a little...$57,265. This isn't even a King Ranch!

I explained my window of opportunity in a couple months. Momma is excited with the literature, she got stuck on the King Ranch page. That may be too rich for my blood:cool:
Stopped in at my local Ford dealer this week and saw the 2008,350 and 450. Wow is right. Nice,nice trucks.I say go for it. It is only money.

Retyred

F450

Just got home from the Toronto Auto Show. They had two F450, the one I looked at was the King Ranch with 4 wheel drive. No price was shown but I would guess 10 thousand more here than the US.

Midastouch

My goal!

Ever since I received the brochure in the mail ..... that is what I want next! A F450 King Ranch! :D You're right! It's only money and ya can't take it with ya! Now all I need to do is find some!:rolleyes:

randes

New F-350

The DW and I just ordered a 2008 F-350 on Monday to pull the Bighorn 3055 we ordered last Saturday. Talk about sticker shock, try two biggie items in 3 days. WOW!!!

The F-350 we ordered had the Lariet trim, but we didn't leave too many options off. Love the new electric extending rear-view mirrors and the In-dash Navigational Ssystem.

That engine is so quite that I could not even here it at the end of the tail pipe. No smell, no smoke! Can't wait to get it. Don't know whether I am more excited over the Truck or the Trailer. Ha!

Roy & Sarah :)

trdeal

randes said:
The DW and I just ordered a 2008 F-350 on Monday to pull the Bighorn 3055 we ordered last Saturday. Talk about sticker shock, try two biggie items in 3 days. WOW!!!

The F-350 we ordered had the Lariet trim, but we didn't leave too many options off. Love the new electric extending rear-view mirrors and the In-dash Navigational Ssystem.

That engine is so quite that I could not even here it at the end of the tail pipe. No smell, no smoke! Can't wait to get it. Don't know whether I am more excited over the Truck or the Trailer. Ha!

Roy & Sarah :)
Roy,Sounds like the answer to that question might be the truck.

Tom of Ypsi

Roy & Sarah, Congrats on your new purchases. You should be good to go for at least another year then changes in both the truck and coach will render that "if only I had waited for one more year" syndrome. I know you will enjoy both, happy and safe travels.

C

Chulinw

The local Ford dealer has F-350, 2008, King Ranch, Navigation and sun roof for little over 57K. Did the complet tour of it and listen to motor run and wish I could talk DW into letting me get it. I guess I would have to go back to work in order to get it. I guess we can dream a little and wish alot....

randes

trdeal,
It's rather surprising because I have been thinking about the Bighorn ever since last April, but I think you are right. The truck really gets my juices flowing. I'm a little concerned over the ULSD requirement, especially with a trip to Alaska planned, but I plan to drive on the top half of the tank and I bought a 5 gal container today at Wally World for some backup diesel.

trdeal

randes said:
trdeal,
It's rather surprising because I have been thinking about the Bighorn ever since last April, but I think you are right. The truck really gets my juices flowing. I'm a little concerned over the ULSD requirement, especially with a trip to Alaska planned, but I plan to drive on the top half of the tank and I bought a 5 gal container today at Wally World for some backup diesel.
I am sure you are concerned, but I would say that your stations along major routes would have the new diesel.Not all stations I am sure.Just have to keep your eyes open.How long before your truck comes in. Are you going to have any goodies added, like bug shield,window visors,mud flaps?I had these added to mine at the dealer. I also had the spray in bed liner added. It really made a neat looking job. I know you will enjoy your truck and your 5er when they get here.You need to pull down to North Carolina and show off your new toys when they arrive.

caokgafamily

Last summer we went on a 7400 mile tour across the US. I have a 05 250, I installed the fuel tool combo tank. It was really nice to have the extra fuel.We could go about 900 miles before a fill up. If I was going to Alaska I would want more than a 5 gal gas can.

BluegrassMan

Hi All: I just got a flyer in the mail today from a Ford dealer about 15 mi from my house. saying " the 450's are here!". I was at my local dealer the other day (5mi.) to see a 450 lariat, got the brochure, its a big one. Now I want to go to the other dealer and see what "They" have.

I have to sell the home place,(not my house) maybe after that, I'll seriously look at 450's

Last edited:

randes

Caokgafamily,
I have thought about the combo fuel/tool tank, but I'm not sure I want to add all the extra weight to the truck. Since the new 2008 engines have all the new polution equipment, the MPG will be less than last year. :mad: From what I understand, the new ULSD also reduces your gas mileage and with the added weight, it would be even lower. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what kind of performance I get.

randes

trdeal said:
I am sure you are concerned, but I would say that your stations along major routes would have the new diesel.Not all stations I am sure.Just have to keep your eyes open.How long before your truck comes in. Are you going to have any goodies added, like bug shield,window visors,mud flaps?I had these added to mine at the dealer. I also had the spray in bed liner added. It really made a neat looking job. I know you will enjoy your truck and your 5er when they get here.You need to pull down to North Carolina and show off your new toys when they arrive.

Hi Terry,
What can you expect to pay for the spray in bed liner? That sounds like a good idea to me. Also I want to get one of those "Grass Skirts" that you see behind a lot of those big Motorhomes to protect their toads. I read that they work good to protect the 5er on the Alaska highways. I assume that Camping World has them, but I haven't looked yet.

We plan to be in NC in the Spring of 2009. We'll plan to say hello then.

Roy

trdeal

randes said:
Hi Terry,
What can you expect to pay for the spray in bed liner? That sounds like a good idea to me. Also I want to get one of those "Grass Skirts" that you see behind a lot of those big Motorhomes to protect their toads. I read that they work good to protect the 5er on the Alaska highways. I assume that Camping World has them, but I haven't looked yet.

We plan to be in NC in the Spring of 2009. We'll plan to say hello then.

Roy
We paid $399.00 for our spray in bed liner. It was a tough decision for me because they have to rough up the inside of the bed for the liner to stick . But it looks great and I am glad I did. They took out all the bed bolts and sprayed under them. Makes for a really nice looking job. I had a bed mat and a tailgate protector from my 2001 truck that I kept, and I put both of these back in the bed. Just some extra protection. I am sure you can get the "grass skirt" for the rear of your truck at camping world. I had the mud flaps installed on the rear of my truck. They not only protect the truck fenders from road stuff splashing up on them,but they also will keep the stuff from splashing on the camper, and they look good.When you come to NC in 2009 be sure to let us know. Are you coming to the mountains, coast, or somewhere in between? We live in the foothills.Plenty of apples,peaches and other fruits grown all around us. And you can't forget the chickens. You guys stay safe and be patient. Your new toys will be here soon. Terry and Renee:D

nhunter

I got the "Rock Solid" truck skirt. It is more of a solid skirt than the hula skirt but it works very well.