Outside sprayer ports / Axle ratings

newman

I just recieved my 2890BHS and while checking it out, realized it did not have the 2 outside sprayer ports. It does not have an outside shower either. Did the 2008 models drop this feature from the line-up? My unit was completed on 1/27/07 and is labeled as a 2008. Also my VIN tag on the left front shows a 13000Lb GVWR with 6000# axles, but the axles are labeled 5200#. What is my true GVWR?

Scott

Newman,
When I bounced this off of our guys, they were already aware of your VIN tag listing the wrong axles and were in the process of sending you a new tag.
Just as an FYI regarding GVWR: The GVWR on a trailer includes the axles and the ball or pin weight. This is why the GVWR on all manufacturers exceeds the axle rating. The entire weight of the vehicle is never on the suspension package of the trailer. A portion is always transferred to either the tow vehicle, or the land gear.

ST

newman

Thanks Scott, What about the sprayer ports? I realize they can't be added after the fact, but I was just curious if they were being installed still.

Scott

No - Sundance did eliminate the exterior sprayer ports as standard and went with an optional exteiror shower. This was one of those situations where we felt we had a great product design that brought from our higher priced units into a more affordable coach, but in the end, dealers reported they continued to lose sales to other mid-pros based on the price difference (i.e. while they liked all of the extra features, in the end, they weren't worth paying more for). So - we made some adjustments to the product in order to be more price competitive, yet maintain our major Heartland differences - and the optional exterior shower was a feature that most retail customers were comfortable with.

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
Newman,

My name is Jim Fenner with Heartland service. In the new models the problems you have noted are actually options. I pulled your unit file and found that when the unit was ordered from Heartland the outside shower and the 6,000 # axle options were not taken. If the exterior information sticker on the unit states 6,000# axles then we need to get that replaced with one that is correct. The GVWR is actually about 11,380lbs.

If you could give me a call regarding this or any other concerns you have that would be great--574-262-8030 ex. 110