Picking-up 08 3210 next week

Jett

Thanks for all the info that folks have posted on the site! I've made myself a list of things to specifically look for on my PDI.

Over the last 20 years, we've owned several different campers -- this will be our 3rd new toyhauler. We're really excited about the roomy layout, but relatively short length of the 3210. It appears to be the combination that we've been looking for.

I guess I'm relatively tolerant of minor problems with RV's -- probably a result of my low expectations for the RV industry as a whole. However, the fit and finish of the Cyclones that we looked at was definitely a step above the other toyhaulers that we've owned in the past or looked at during our recent search. Of course, the Cyclone is also in a higher price bracket than some of the other toyhaulers, so my expectations are also going to be higher on this one. I hope Heartland doesn't disappoint me. I'm also purchasing it from a dealer that I've never dealt with before, so I don't know what to expect on that end either.

Anyway, I'll post occassionally as I get acquainted with Heartland, my dealer and my new toyhauler.

Sol

Congratulations Jett, we have one on order (scheduled to come off the line 3/9). Looking forward to your comments after delivery and beyond.

Jett

Pretty sad situation today. Pick-up scheduled for 3:30. After leaving work early and driving 60 miles we arrived to discover that the Cyclone was NOT even close to being ready for pick-up. After we had been there an hour, the manager asked us if we "would mind coming back tomorrow". That's after he tried to do a pre-delivery inspection while his folks were trying to clean-up the rig and also do some maintenance. (Anyone have any idea why they would have had the storage compartment walls pulled -- I saw the end of a white rubber hose sticking out).

Also, I dropped off my truck on Saturday to have hitch installed. Truck was also not ready today. Manager said Cyclone would definitely be ready tomorrow. I have serious doubts about the dealer, but he is the only Heartland dealer even reasonably close.

Also, has anyone had any problem with the rubber matting in the garage being bubbled-up on much of the floor? I noticed it on the floor of the Cyclone I attemped to pick-up.

We will try again tomorrow. More info to follow

O.

Jett

Update:

I am now the PROUD and HAPPY owner of Heartland Cyclone. Everything was virtually perfect yesterday at the dealer. I asked for and got the most detailed PMI imaginable (thanks for the input John). We found a couple of issues that will eventually need to be fixed, but the overall engineering and construction quality of my 3210 surpasses any 5th wheel or motorhome that I've ever inspected --- and we opened-up EVERY reasonably accessable panel on the cyclone.

William

Jett said:
Update:

I am now the PROUD and HAPPY owner of Heartland Cyclone. Everything was virtually perfect yesterday at the dealer. I asked for and got the most detailed PMI imaginable (thanks for the input John). We found a couple of issues that will eventually need to be fixed, but the overall engineering and construction quality of my 3210 surpasses any 5th wheel or motorhome that I've ever inspected --- and we opened-up EVERY reasonably accessable panel on the cyclone.

Sure would love to hear about your experience with the 3210 since purchasing. We're leaning heavily toward that same unit. Also, what are you pulling it with?

noccar

Cyclone 3210

We are also new owners of a 3210. We looked all over and I still purchased a Cyclone even though there are no dealers for them in Alaska. It is a great unit. We went to Idaho where we purchased it for the PDI and there were very few issues that needed to be taken care of. The dealer prepped it well before we got there. We have had a few minor things that I took care of myself and a couple of issues that I have had to take in to a local repair shop. In all cases I am very pleased. The dealer has helped me through a few things with just phone calls.

I tow it with a GMC 2004 2500HD. With 2 ATV's in the back my tongue wieght is just at the max for the truck. I have had no problem pulling, or stopping the rig. Here in Alaska bigger is not always better. The 3210 is about the largest I want to get into some of the places we go. Feel free to e-mail me if you want some more information.
Steve

truknutt

Committed Member
As you are all new 3210 owners, can someone tell me what the rocker switch (located behind the Winterizing valve handle in the accompanying photo) is for? The young buck charged with walking us through our PDI had NO idea and it's not labeled like all the other switches & valves in the UDC.

Thanks in advance...

5SFGF32318E007606_47.jpg

Jett

TrukNutt,

The configuration on my 3210 is a little different, but I suspect the switch is for the water pump -- allows you to turn-on the water pump without having to go inside. Comes in handy when you use the the outside water sprayer.

truknutt

Committed Member
Thanks Jett. I'll be sure to put that to the "tour guide" on our upcoming inspection.

3 more weeks......