Water heater bypass

newman

I am looking through my owners manual for access to the water heater bypass and water drains to dewinterize the unit, but the manual is for Bighorn and Landmark. Where do I find the access for these things? There is one low point drain that is by the sewer outlet, are they any others? Thanks for answering all my frivilous questions.

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
Newman,
I'm sorry the dealer didn't cover this with you, but to access the water heater bypass, you unscrew the access panel located in the front exterior storage (offdoorside). It literally looks like part of the wall, being covered with the same felt-type material. It should be four screws, and behind this you will find your water heater bypass, and the hose for your winterization fluid. Refer to the owners manual for operation.
JL

K

Ken Washington

Your water heater bypass valves should be right behind the water heater. I am not familiar with the Sundance but you should be able to find out how to gain access to the area behind the water heater.

Ken

newman

OK I was able to find the valves that lead from the fresh water tank to the pump, but I can't find access to the back of the water heater. There is still not water to the water heater, so I am assuming there is another set of valves that bypass the water heater. I get water from the hot side of the faucet, bu the water heater tank is empty. Anyone know where to find the valves that bypass the water heater?

charris57

Hot water bypass

In our Sundance 2900mk. below the entertainment center there is a access panel in side the camper. I have had mine off and remember seeing some valves and even a bowl type water filter(maintainence item) that will need occasional attention. Give it a look.... Hope it works....Good Luck ...Steve

RickNB

Maybe yours is different but on the 2800RLS access to the water heater and valves is through the storage area on the same side as your water connection. You will probably have to remove the piece of pannelling covered with felt material just a few screws and it should pull away exposing the water heater and all the valves. if that dont work from that side remove the panelling on the bottom of the entertainment center and that should expose the other side of the water heater.

Have fun
Rick