Advise to new Cyclone owners about the hitch

Loco

I went to a RV show in Atlanta last week and found that alot of folks asking the dealers about what type truck and hitch they need to pull a 3795 or 4012. The sales folks were telling them they could use a 18k hitch and a single rear wheel pickup to pull it.It will pull it but you will be sorry when you get it loaded. I also like to over kill on my hitch rating. It gives me a safety zone having the 20K. I have talked to some on here and on the phone about their cyclone getting cracks over the bed slide. I have none on mine. One thing I think help is we have a Reese 20 K hitch which has more side to side tilt than some others out there. The reese will tilt up to two inches left and right.This comes in to be very important when you go out a cross a uneven field at a rally. With this movment the king pin and frame does not get as much stress on it. Like I told one guy we are more likely to be out in a field than to be on a nice level camping pad at the Rv park. I would tell anyone to go with the reese for a big toyhauler. And as for the tow vehicle you better have a daully for the 3795 and the 4012 if you load it up. Our F-350 is max out with our rig. But pulles it great on the mountain roads. But I would not want to pull it with single rear wheel truck. The 4012 you better have 450 or better for that rigNone

mufflerman

Loco,
I had one with sidewall crack's, but I only towed it 30 miles home before I noticed it. It's possible the long haul from the plant to louieville to Oregon on who knows what truck and hitch could of caused the crack.
The factory bought that one back.
I agree with hitch selection, I choose the reese 18K signiture series, I do believe it offers the most side to side movement.
Also agree on TV, I Had a 05' duramax crewcab srw, There was alot of movement in the rear on curves at highway speeds.
I now have an 06' dually crewcab duramax and it feels very stable, I pull alot of trailers for R.V. lots, big and small with no problems, granted they are empty and the 3795 cyclones pull the exact same as the 4012 cyclone's.
When I haul these units I can't weigh them so I'm guessing i'm over weight on some of the big ones monticello's, Teton's ect.
I did weight my 2nd 3795 cyclone on the home from dealer. It was 700 lbs over factory stated dry weight, Advertised Dry weights are not exact they are estimated.
I wouldn't be surprised if the 4012 hit 14K.

Luckyhat12

I bought the airsafehitch.com 25k air ride hitch. I bought it used off a guy that only towed with it 5 times. His wife wouldn't drive the truck so he sold truck and trailer and bought a motorhome that she would drive.

It is one of the best investments that I have made for towing. It takes a ton of stress off the truck and trailer and I have been thoroughly pleased. It flexes in 4 directions and doesn't bind at all. I haven't had any issues with it coming close to the bed rails either.