Just brought new 08 3055rl home!!!

jwb187

We just brought our new 08 3055rl home yesterday from Kerry West RV center in Dexter, Missouri. Spent a couple of days in and around the coach getting familiar with the various functions. There have been a few changes by the factory with the 08's...mainly is the sofa bed, apparently no longer able to get a hide a bed....new one comes with the blow up mattress....ours had a small leak and a new mattress will be forthcoming. (not sure this is an improvement). Did away with the opposing quick connect water hoses, now only comes with outside shower...Has Trail-air equa-flex suspension now instead of Mor/Ryde, I think both are good products. It has Mission tires??? don't know about them...we got a few options..dual pane windows, gel coat, steel wheels, countertop extension. Basically we are very pleased with the unit, it tows great and looks nice going down the road. We have gathered invaluable information off this forum and it was instrumental with our selection of a Heartland product. Thanks all for your informative posts. I am looking forward to being an active poster and member of this forum....JW

russell

Congratulations!

Congratualtions on your new purchase. I'm due to pick up our new cyclone 4012 this coming week and the waiting is killing me!
I had Mission tires on my 20 ft. tandem axle cargo trailer and had one shred on the way to Stugis bike week. While there I removed all the wheels and had the local Goodyear store replace the tires with name brand tires. The 4012 has Mission tires on it also, but the dealer is knocking a grand off the price so I can buy new tires of my choice. Good Luck with the new 5'er, ENJOY!

ChopperBill

Congratulations! Yes, run, don't walk down to your nearest tire dealer and trade those Missions in! Lot of talk about those Chinese tires on this forum and RV.net. Do a search. I wouldn't let a cheap tire ruin my camping experiences. The new sofa is the latest and greatest. Don't give up on it.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
J.W. Congrats on the new trailer I am sure will love yours as much as we do ours. Will you be going to the rally? if so may be we will see you there. Safe travels :)

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Our Mission tires are still on the unit. 4000 miles and no problem yet. I do a walk around every stop and thump the tire every time. Every morning I take a pressure test of the air in the tires. I think that with dilligance the tires should be ok, no matter who makes them. Yes there are better makes than "Mission" for sure.
I will keep them on for the foreseeable future

jwb187

Thanks all for your comments and congrats on our new purchase. We are anxiously awaiting for spring to arrive so we can take our shakedown cruise and really give all the systems a good test. I appreciate the comments about the "mission" tires that came with our unit, I will be investigating this further. I have read some positive comments about the tires that indicate the 16" tires that only require 80psi haven't caused much trouble....seems most of the posts were concerning the tires that needed 110psi.....regardless, my tire man will be hearing from me and looking for another set. I just traded in some Bridgestone 245E tires for 265E's for my truck, maybe I could get those back and put them on the coach!!! Again, thanks to all for their comments...

JW

jwb187

You're right Midland, I thought about that just about the time I hit the post button.......so much to think about these days!!!

dra

Good luck with your new vehicle. We purchased a 3055RL brand new in Oct. of '06 and have had numerous problems, some major and some minor. We have also had trouble getting acceptable repairs from local dealer. So far very disappointed with our Heartland Big Horn. I am currently trying to figure out how to find the history on the vehicle like one can do tracing a car VIN number. I have had no luck doing an RV VIN trace.