W/D closet in San Antonio??

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
The pics on the website show a 4-shelf, shelving unit to the right side of the closet and a small clothes rod...which would need to be removed for a stack w/d unit.

However, I just saw a video of what I think is a much newer unit...in the closet it shows a full width clothes rod with two shelves up high within the closet, that look that they would be above a stack w/d unit...anybody know if this is now the new configuration??:confused:

sgtbigb

I just saw a 2011 San Antonio yesterday and the washer and dryer closet was clear of clothes rods or shelves.
The pics on the website show a 4-shelf, shelving unit to the right side of the closet and a small clothes rod...which would need to be removed for a stack w/d unit.

However, I just saw a video of what I think is a much newer unit...in the closet it shows a full width clothes rod with two shelves up high within the closet, that look that they would be above a stack w/d unit...anybody know if this is now the new configuration??:confused:

jbeletti

Hi Kathy,

Kary is at a show in Lethbridge Alberta and asked me to post his response.

"The correct configuration is the 2 full shelves and full closet rod so you would not have to remove anything if stackable is put in closet."

My demo did not have the rod underneath as I ordered the stackable W/D, so there was no need to have the rod there.

Below is a picture I took of my closet shelves. As you can see, I stuck a bunch of junk on them already. And I added buckle straps across both shelves to keep things on the shelves while underway.

As a modification suggestion, you could deepen the bottom shelf another 10" or so and still easily access the top shelf. That would effectively double your lower shelf storage space - though you would want to keep an eye on the weight you are putting on the shelf.

Attachments

• IMG_1681.jpg
    IMG_1681.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 85

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I like that!! Great use of space....I also like your cute little hooks on each side..another good idea!

Jim...what type of system did you use to "stack" your washer and dryer, and what brand are they...Splendide?

jbeletti

Kathy,

They are the Splendide Ariston brand units. There is a bracket that connects the 2 pieces together. There are no straps over either of them. Seems sort of odd to me, but this is the standard installation practice and I've had them in 2 previous demo coaches and had no issue with them.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I like that!! Great use of space....I also like your cute little hooks on each side..another good idea!

Jim...what type of system did you use to "stack" your washer and dryer, and what brand are they...Splendide?
Kathy, those "hooks" should be available at Hoovers. They are used as battery hold down straps in most marine applications. A good hardware store will also carry them.