Removing wallpaper border

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Quite a while ago I read a thread from someone asking about removing the factory borders on the walls in the Bighorn. I don't remember there being a response from anyone trying it. My wife took it upon herself to give it a shot today. She is so awesome. The border in our Bighorns are nothing more than opaque plastic self adhesive sheeting and come off very easily. Just get a fingernail under an edge and start pulling. It peels clean and easy in one sheet. No residue left behind. You will end up with a few staple holes that will have to be filled but that's an easy task. Now we can try some other decorative border with either a bath or kitchen theme that might be more pleasing to the eye. :D

ChopperBill

I had to straighten out a strip by the counter top. Came right off and went back on. Have the say with the Camel suede interior we have the only border I have seen that I like.

Ray LeTourneau

We just finished removing every border in the house. I must say, I like the overall appearance better without the borders. It's a cleaner less "busy" look. It even seems to brighten up the room. I'll post pictures later if anyone would like to see the defference. We will be experimenting with different borders in the stool room to see if we want to replace any.

Tom of Ypsi

This is a little bit off of the subject but still has to do with the interior walls so I will ask, has anyone tried hanging a picture on the wall using those 3M wall hangers with the velcro and do they work? This is the kind where you have the pull tab to free it from the wall with no damage.

Ray LeTourneau

Borderless pictures

I took a few shots of the living area without the borders. There a also 2 shots with borders. You'll notice we got rid of the Euro Chairs. They were a pain, literally.

Attachments

• 117-1730_IMG.JPG
    117-1730_IMG.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 117-1731_IMG.JPG
    117-1731_IMG.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 68
  • 118-1833_IMG.JPG
    118-1833_IMG.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 118-1834_IMG.JPG
    118-1834_IMG.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 118-1835_IMG.JPG
    118-1835_IMG.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 68
C

Chulinw

Ray, It sure does make a big difference in the appearance. What kind of recliners do you have?? I what to do the same thing and went to lazy boy and could not find anything we like. Yours look real nice. Tks for the pic.

madigand

Ray, Thanks for the pic. Agree looks nicer. About the Euro Chair, have the chance to get of them and get the factory ones if I want. I am curious how big of ones you can get and still have the slides clear them?
Thanks
Dan
08 3670 in april

Ray LeTourneau

The recliners we have now came out of a brand new Mobile Scout. Our neighbor,while we were in San Antonio bought the Mobile Scout while we were there. He wanted Euro chairs but couldn't get them as the unit was bought off the lot. We traded even up and we're both happy. I'm not sure of the brand but they rock, swivel and recline. I also liked the dark chocolate color and how it looked in the Bighorn. We were lucky on that deal.

BluegrassMan

I haven't put any up in our Landmark, but previously I put some up in our other trailers. I used that foam tape that is sticky on both sides, nothing EVER came back off, the new owners liked them so well, we left them. They are probably still on the walls.

jpmorgan37

Tom;
We used velcro to put up the pictures. You can usually remove the piece that is stuck to the wall with a hair dryer, when you want to change it. Works good and doesn't leave any holes.

John

ChopperBill

Tom of Ypsi said:
This is a little bit off of the subject but still has to do with the interior walls so I will ask, has anyone tried hanging a picture on the wall using those 3M wall hangers with the velcro and do they work? This is the kind where you have the pull tab to free it from the wall with no damage.

If you are talking about those yellow 3M command strips, that is what I use for everything on the walls. They are not really Velcro as the strips are the same and just interlock with one another. You have to pull them straight out to remove the object from the wall. The tape comes off just like the regular Command strips. Because of the way they interlock things can not sway from side to side going down the road. I hang clocks and indoor/outdoor thermometers with them so I can take them down easily to put in batteries.

Tom of Ypsi

Thanks folks that is exactly the info I was looking for. The DW have a few thinkgs she wants to put up and I wanted to make sure.