Aftermarket bumper??

OhioJay

We purchased a 2010 North Trail 32QBSS in the fall of 2009. It was a very exciting event for us and the kids. We were newbies, having spent a few nights in an RV, but never owning one. Throw in a less than helpfull salesman, and we made a couple of mistakes.

One of those being that we do not have a rear bumper on our rig. We never thought we'd have to ask for that. Honestly, the thought really didn't cross our minds.

We've come to find it would be nice to have a rear bumper, so that we could have a reciever installed on it, so that we could use outside bike transportation, or a steel mesh cargo carrier, etc.

Is an after market bumper available from Heartland? I know I could pay a welder to do the job (and I don't mind doing that), but I fear that would void my Heartland warranty. Has anyone encountered this problem? Do I have any options other than paying a local welder to do the job?

Thanks for your responses. Jay

irvin56

Re: Aftermarket bumber??

contact factory, number is listed on main page or this forum. They do have them on all new lines of N.T.. They could have one for you to have installed on your trailer. Contact them and ask about it. If its off the warranty period, can get a welder to build a reciever and weld to your frame. I did this on my old trailer and used a 4 bike carrier that I could have for trailer or put on back of my truck in the hitch reciever

Wharton

Anyone know if there is a bumper for the Big Horn. Would love to have one for hose storage..........................

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

Why not just put a pipe under the coach, if that's all you need one for. I've seen several threads on here where ppl have installed one. Do a search and maybe you would not need a bumper.

Wharton

We did that and just don't find it as convenient. I don't understand why they got rid of storage bumpers for the sewer hose...................

caissiel

Beauty has taken over practicality.
One of the reason we have bought our Big Country is for the standard rear bumper and the absence of the rear cap. We had the rear cap on the previous trailer and it was a real maintenance problem. Some have installed a motorhome 2in receiver on their units or had trailer shop install one.

The frame warranty will possibly be affected if any modifications are done to the frame, but after the warranty period it could be done. I have installed receivers on all of my units with no problems. Been carrying 2 normal bikes there for the last 17 years.

I now see a lot of SOB trailers with rear carriers as stock items and I feel its a real good sales item that encourages buyers to buy their product.