2009 Sundance 2800 RLS

Deedee

I own a 2009 Sundance 2800 RLS, do these units have any known issues? As I am having some issues with mine. For example, I can see the daylight coming through the bottom of the slide out in the bedroom. This concerns me a little, as major drafts come through. I am also having problems with the topper over the living room slide out. It bangs in the wind and violently shakes the trailer.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with this model.
Thanks
Deedee

cashb

Deedee, where exactly do you see the daylight? As for the slide toppers, I think it is not uncommon for them to flap. Some seem to be wound tighter than others. My 2900mk has 3 slide toppers and only one flaps, but not violently. There have been several threads about fixes for this such as beach balls placed underneath them and homemade pvc supports. Just gotta remember to remove them prior to pulling slides in!!

Deedee

Does anyone own a 2009 Sundance 2800RLS?

If anyone owns one, I would like to know if you have had any issues with it. I can see daylight though the corners of my bedroom slide out. My RV dealer says that is the way it was designed, I find that unacceptable. The other issue I have had is troubles with the slide out topper, banging violently in the wind. Another issue my RV dealer says they can't do anything about.
Would love to hear from anyone who owns this year and model.
Thanks
Deedee

jimtoo

Re: Does anyone own a 2009 Sundance 2800RLS?

Hi Deedee,

I cannot even imagine seeing daylight at the corners of the slide. Daylight=air leak. Your dealer needs to adjust the slide.

Now for the slide out topper... yes, that is the major complaint of everyone that has them, always has been and probably always will be, you can only put so much tension on the brackets and thread that sews them together .. some place beach balls under them, some make a PVC pipe support to place under them to help stop the flapping and keep the water off. But the wind will make a lot of noise if it blows the right way and makes it flap.

Contact your dealer for slide adjustment, and if no progress is made,, contact Heartland Customer service.

Jim M

Deedee

the light is coming in through the bottom corners. The dealer where I bought it from came and stuffed insulation in the holes, but that is just a temporary fix, they said as soon as I pull the slide in it will all fall out. So, I asked them to please fix it properly. They said they would send an e-mail to Heartland to see what they will do about it. But, they told me it is the way it was designed, which is why I was asking who on here owned the same model as I have. I need to find the threads about the fixes for topper as well. I live in mine full-time, I find it cheaper then renting. I love it, it just has a few problems, I would love to get things fixed permanently. I am totally new to Fifth Wheels, this is my first.

Lazydaze

I have a 2009 Sundance 3200ES. Mine also had a gap in the lower corner of the bedroom slide. The dealer adjusted the slide down and it closed the gap.