2011 Illlinois Rally?

kkamshop

Re: Illlinois

No, it was September last year Jon. I seem to remember having birthday cake, but you know what happens to your memory as you get older!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Cathy, I remember you and Jan. You took home all the good door prizes.
We will just have to put the pressure on Kenny. Might be in Chaham again.

Peace
Dave

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired

OK, I'm here! The rally last years was in Sept. and planning on Sept. again this year. I have left messages , e-mails to several campgrounds and still waiting on replies. Its hard trying to find out details when no one is managing the store so to speak. I think all the owners went south for the winter, guess would be nice, warm break. I figured everyone might be tired of the Double J and trying to find other CG's that would appreciate our business.......Kenny

GHoyt

We are new members to the Heartland Owners Club. We just purchased a 2011 North Country in November 2010 and can't wait to use it. We are located in the southern part of Illinois near St. Louis.

In the past where have the rally's been held? Also do you or anyone know of a good campground near Charleston, Illinois?

Thanks!

katkens

We are new members to the Heartland Owners Club. We just purchased a 2011 North Country in November 2010 and can't wait to use it. We are located in the southern part of Illinois near St. Louis.

In the past where have the rally's been held? Also do you or anyone know of a good campground near Charleston, Illinois?

Thanks!
Welcome to the club neighbor.......We have had our previous rallys at the Double J campground ,near Springfield . http://www.doublejcampground.com/

I am in the process in nailing down a CG for this years rally , nothing definite decided yet, unless everyone wants the same CG again......Kenny

P.S: CE & Jackie Miller is club members from Highland also....

bacaye

Kenny, Do you know anything about the campground in Mulberry Grove? Right now I can not remember the name of it...Barb

katkens

Barb, CedarBrook is the only fairly nice one. Its not bad but not as good as there pics show. I can't get enough sites there and they cater mostly long summer stays and locals.

I was thinking of the Kentuckiana.....http://www.kentuckianahome.com/, but they have not answered my messages or e-mails as of yet. If anyone knows anything about this CG or has stayed there let me know what you think. CE has volunteered to road trip with me to check it out but at this point don't know if we can get in to see it.

If anyone knows of another campground suitable to hold a rally ,let me know. The CG must be able to set aside 15 -20 sites ,full hookups are preferred and long enough for big rigs. I would also like the use of a building or pavillion for our get togethers if possible,one never knows about mother nature.

We still have the the Double J....http://www.doublejcampground.com/ I can fall back on if need be, comments on this CG welcome too. They have been easy to work with and sofar the only place that will give me pullthru sites for everyone.

Netem

Kenny , The Kentuckiana looks pretty cool but from the looks of the pics might be hard to get res. for us. If you can get us in I think it will be a good time for all. If you have to go back to the Double J I think most of us will be OK with that too.

kkamshop

katkens, do you have a date in mind yet? I am having my hip replacement done this summer, but I should be good to go by the time school starts in the fall.

katkens

katkens, do you have a date in mind yet? I am having my hip replacement done this summer, but I should be good to go by the time school starts in the fall.

The dates I am considering are the earliest is last weekend of August and month of September . I gave up considering Labor Day weekend because most CG's won't consider rallies then because they know there sites will be full for the holiday.

Good luck with the new hip and all goes well. Kat is doing pretty good with her new knee but still can't catch me yet. She is starting more therapy this week and should be running in a couple months......Kenny