Sewer Hose Storage 2800RL

ncc1701e

I've always hated having to take the sewer line apart to get it in the bumper. I found this basic design a while back and used it on our previous trailer. Thought I'd share the pictures of what it looks like on the our new Sundance 2800RL. The design lets the fittings stay on the hose and even has enough room for the adapters.

Sewer Pipe 1.jpg Sewer Pipe 2.jpg Sewer Pipe 3.jpg Sewer Pipe 4.jpg Sewer Pipe 5.jpg

Everything I used came from a local home improvement store (Menards). Basic pipe is a piece of 5" PVC fence post and a piece of rain gutter inside. The rain gutter can also be used to support the sewer hose in camp. Brackets are heavy 1-1/2" angle painted black and 5/16" all thread to hold the brackets. Brackets are mounted to the bumper frame using self tapping 5/16" metal screws.

DougS

Doug S
Nice design, I might have to copy it. I probably would mount it up front though. Mounted to the back might bring it too close to hitting while backing out of my driveway.

ncc1701e

I couldn't find a place near the front of the 2800RL I was comfortable mounting the holder. The trailer has really good clearance, but there is always the concern of being in the back. I've got about $100 in the material with most of that for the 5" PVC post and caps on both ends. Putting the caps on both ends makes it real easy to clean out if you get something you'd rather not have in the housing.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Pretty slick idea. Even though I've got a compartment for my hoses, I like your design. Then I wouldn't have to fold them up and stuff them in.

Crumgater

I find it very strange that Heartland doesn't have a better design for sewer hose storage.

Our old truck camper had great built-in storage for the hose; you just dropped it right into an angled cabinet next to the tank connections. Never had to worry it.
Wish we had that on our new new rig.

cashb

We have a similar designed holder, round tho, looks like ac ducting. (gotta ask DH what it is made from) But love your addition of the sliding "tray" inside!! I need to see what fits in our round design! Thanks for sharing!