New to the Heartland Community

Kurt

Kurt&Gwen
Hello everyone. :cool:
Gwen and I are finally breaking out of storage our new Cyclone 3612 HD that we bought last summer and will be preparing it to live in for an undetermined amount of time. We are currently living in Anchorage Alaska and will be moving to Golden Colorado this summer, where we will be calling home.

I retired last December after serving 21 awesome years in the Air Force and we have been living in Alaska since March 2003. We've been trailer camping since 2005 and are excited about living in our new Cyclone. We're are also excited about moving to the lower 48 so that we can enjoy more traveling and camping, along with the 4 seasons. In Alaska, there's 3 seasons; Summer (about 3-4 months), Winter (7-8 months) and Break-up (1 month). We had the Cyclone beefed up at the dealership a Little for cold weather camping. I'm also currently making a few more cold weather upgrades and having an A/C installed in the bedroom.

We look forward to our Colorado trip and will be at the, Heartland Chapter Rally in Winchester Bay Or. and the, Heartland Owners Camp-Out in Yreka California this summer.

We look forward to meeting folks and being a part of the Heartland Community.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Re: New to the Haertland Community

Welcome to the heartland family!

I'm glad to see you planning on going to some rallies this next year. That's one of the best ways to get to know new people and learn more about your coach. We would love to see you at Yreka. Just let us know when you get your reservations made by posting in that thread and/or sending me a message.

Oregon isn't having a rally at Winchester Bay next year. The group will be meeting at Westfir, OR instead at Casey's RV Park. Please check that out and hopefully you can make it to that one. It is later in the year, than we usually do a rally, but I know that the wagonmasters are planning a fun and relaxing weekend.

Another rally to consider would be the western regional in Sparks, NV over the 4th of July weekend. It will be hot, probably, but you never know over there. Since you will have the 2 AC you would be set regardless of the weather.

Have fun packing up that new rig and enjoy your trip.

Kristy

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Kurt & Gwen, Welcome back to the lower 48 and Thank You for your service to our Country. Enjoy your new lifestyle.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Welcome to the group and congratulations on the USAF retirement. Don't forget, if you need to go into Home Depot or Lowe's to flash that pretty little blue ID card. It's good for 10% off the total. I almost need to paste mine on my forehead.

jbeletti

Welcome Kurt and Gwen. That's awesome that you'll get to 2 Heartland rallies this year. I won't be able to make either of those this year but I hope to run into you guys somewhere this year or next.

Jim

Kurt

Kurt&Gwen
Gwen and I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome. We both look forward to meeting you at some the rallies and we'll be looking for an excuse to attend.

Bob & Marion Wengler,
We look forward to the Colorado rallies since we will be soon calling Colorado our home. Unfortunately, we will miss the Ft. Collins rally but hope that there'll be others once we get there this July. Looks like we will be full timers for a while till we find a new home. Bummer :D