Suburban Furnace - Blower Motor Failure...AGAIN

aquiring signal

We're having the furnace blower motor in our 2008 3670RL replaced for the second time today. I'm very disappointed in the Suburban furnace. :( The original motor was replaced last January. Here we are a year and a few days later & we're doing it again. This must be a fluke because if it were happening to many others I think I'd have seen more about this on this forum. Or maybe most others are smart enough to go where it's warm in the winter. Either way I hope we have better luck with the furnace in our 2011 3585RL.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Fortunately, we have not had a problem with ours. It gets used a lot, mostly in the beginning and end of our summer season. I'd be curious to know why the second one failed, though.

aquiring signal

I think the first motor was a bearing failure. When it first started failing they got it going by giving the squirrel cage a little push & it would spool up & spin fast enough to actuate the sail switch & work okay. That worked for a few weeks but we knew we were near the end of it's life.

For the second motor, it starts & spins on its own but not fast enough to actuate the sail switch. The repairman said he thought this failure had to do with the brushes. Beyond that, I have no idea.