parts for rear stabilizer jacks

We have a 2011 North Trail 31QBS and last fall when we brought it home we clipped the rear jacks and damaged the motor. I am wondering where I can find replacement parts as the dealer we bought the trailer from is saying that we have to replace the entire jack assembly. Thanks

jimtoo

Hi heartland_rookies,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Look on the motor and get name of manufacture and contact directly. They may not sell direct to you, but will most likely give you their dealer name. Also you might consider taking motor off if that is only damage and take it to an electric motor rebuild or repair shop. Should be some listed in phone book.

Jim M

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
You can also call HL parts directly. Any part on that trailer, they can sell to you directly.
If you join the HL Owner's Club before calling, give them your HL member number and you will get a 10% discount. Another good reason to belong to the Club.

BTW JIM, I just saw your title is "perfect senior member:"
How did you get promoted to Perfect? .:D

Thanks for the advice, I did contact Heartland directly and got the proper part numbers for what I needed. However they suggested I find a local dealer to order the parts for me so I found a local dealer and the parts are on their way!!

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Re: parts fora Quick Draw electric rear stabilizer jack

I have Quick Draw electric rear stabilizers on my 2006 Bighorn. Unfortunately, that company is no longer in business and Heartland Customer Service was not able to give me any further information on this company or who purchased it if it was purchased.
I had jacked up the off-door side of the Bighorn and the stabilizer was fully down. The jack slipped and the stabilizer braces got bent. I would like to order replacements if I could find out what happened to this company. Can anyone out there assist me?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)

Hey Chuck,
If you are going to be at the Rally in Goshen I bet you can find parts at one of the local surplus stores. Or quite possibly there is a Lippert replacement. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Lippert bought that other company.

BTW, on my old 2006 Bighorn I had Lippert rear Stabilizers. Weird that your are different.

I hope you got all your stuff done on your Bighorn. I know you told me at the Nashville rally of your troubles and such.

Mark

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Chuck, Mark is correct on finding a stabilizer at one of the surplus stores. Tom Weber burned out the motor on his. He checked with the mfg and Heartland for a replacement motor and it was $$$. Went to one of the surplus stores and got the whole system for a lot less than just the motor would have cost.
Tom has a 2006 Bighorn as well.

Peace
Dave

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader

Thanks, Mark & Dave.

Happened to see a 2008 Bighorn today at the park we are staying at and they have the identical stabilizer as I do, except that it has a Lippert label on it. so, it looks like Lippert bought out Quick Draw.

I removed the bars and was able to straighten them out. I'm going to put them back on, but replace them when I get to Goshen.

In fact, if Lippert had offered the same deal on the sutomatic levelers that it did last year, I would have them installed. Unfortunately, their offers this year was for other items.