mega cab with b&W companion

ElkStalker

I just want to be sure that I can tow with this hitch ie no slider? I had a WildCat and was able to make fairly tight turns maybe 55-60 degree turn so I had to be very carefull. The cyclone is wider but had a much better front cap. I am hoping for 75 degree. What do you guys and gals think?

gpshemi

I have a megacab with the Pullrite and it's close. I'm guessing 6-7 inches. Considering the hitch slides back 14", I'm guessing you can still hit even with the improved nose design. However, if you're not planning on going past 50 degrees...then maybe. Personally it's not worth it to me.

cashb

We have a reese hitch with slider, a short bed chevy 2500 crew cab, and pull a Sundance fifth wheel. So far we have not used the slider one time. And we have been in some pretty tight turns! Don't know if the Sundance compares to a Cyclone as far as the front cap goes.

trvlrerik

I am not sure what the measurements and clearances for your Dodge. I have the B&W companion in my short bed F350 and pull a Cyclone. I am able to get pretty close to 90 degrees on a flat surface, if my truck is nose down rear up attitude I have gone to 90 degrees. I do urge a lot of caution, if I am in a nose up attitude in the truck I have almost made truck-trailer contact in tight turns. I did have to switch my bed toolbox to a low clearance model that sits nearly flush with the bed rails.

ElkStalker

Well it sounds like I will not be able to make a "88" degree turn with the cyclone because it is wider than a standard 5er. If I can turn as sharp as I could with my wildcat than I will be ok, just always carefull and nervus backing in:rolleyes:

gpshemi

We have a reese hitch with slider, a short bed chevy 2500 crew cab, and pull a Sundance fifth wheel. So far we have not used the slider one time. And we have been in some pretty tight turns! Don't know if the Sundance compares to a Cyclone as far as the front cap goes.

A Sundance isn't a Cyclone. Cyclone's are wider. Take it from someone who's doing it, you'll be happy that you spent the extra in the end. Not too mention a PullRite Superglide is a great hitch.

ElkStalker

The two problems I have is that I already have the B&W hitch and second it that I almost never hook and unhook on level gound and straight back. Somtimes I am hooking up at a 30-40 degree angle. I have heard that this is very hard to do with the pullright.

branson4020

Icantre Member
The two problems I have is that I already have the B&W hitch and second it that I almost never hook and unhook on level gound and straight back. Somtimes I am hooking up at a 30-40 degree angle. I have heard that this is very hard to do with the pullright.

With the Pullright, it's not hard to hook up at a 30 degree angle, its impossible. Still I wouldn't be without mine in my megacab. I've always assumed that if I can hit the cab, sooner or later I will.

ElkStalker

The local RV dealer (not a cyclone) replace a few back windows and after that the have put sliders in all shortboxes with toy haulers. He told me only get the superglide unless you have to because of the diffeculty unhooking and high angles. Now if I was only going to be parking on level ground in big parks it is a no-brainer superglide! Even one of the KOA here in MT is on a side hill (poulson, MT) that makes it tough to be straight and level. Great KOA by the way.

gpshemi

Wow guys. So not true.

It's extremely easy to hook up at ANY angle - even 90 degrees. Arguably, its even easier then trying to line up and back into the hitch in a megacab since you can't see over the back seat real well. It just takes a different approach is all. You remove the two pins from the hitch head, install the head on the pinbox of the trailer (15lbs?), back the truck under the hitch head, spin it to whatever angle you're at, lower the coach back on, and replace the pins. That's as simple as it gets...even at 90 degrees.

(On edit) The hitch head is a 4 way too. So even unlevel ground. Let's see other hitches hook up under any condition at 90 degrees.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Wow guys. So not true.

It's extremely easy to hook up at ANY angle - even 90 degrees. Arguably, its even easier then trying to line up and back into the hitch in a megacab since you can't see over the back seat real well. It just takes a different approach is all. You remove the two pins from the hitch head, install the head on the pinbox of the trailer (15lbs?), back the truck under the hitch head, spin it to whatever angle you're at, lower the coach back on, and replace the pins. That's as simple as it gets...even at 90 degrees.

(On edit) The hitch head is a 4 way too. So even unlevel ground. Let's see other hitches hook up under any condition at 90 degrees.

Now THAT is thinking outside the box. Thanks for the tip!