Getting close to one year mark!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Getting close to one year mark with our Elk Ridge. What should we check or have checked before warranty is up? We probably have 5000 miles on it.

TT

TXBobcat

Fulltime
The things I would be intrested in making sure was in good condition would be:
Springs, Axles - These seem to be a problem and need to be in good condition to safely pull
Jacks - Especially if the electric ones are on your unit.These seem to have had a lot of problems.
Slides - Make sure they do not leak and all the seals are in good shape.

Most of the other items have a mfgr warranty and are not critical to move or live in the trailer. Sure it is important for the Reefer and such to work but if you can't move it or live in it the rest is easier to replace.

Just my thoughts.

BC

goodtruck

We are close to our 2nd year on our Eagle Ridge and after the warranty was up have only had a water leak at the water heater(replaced the seals myself around a dollor) and had to adj the kitchen slider.This has been a Great unit and we love it.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Be sure and check the warranties on the various components as many have more than one year. Such as the converter (it is 2 years). The Heartland warranty is 1 years but many thinks are more (awning is 2 years)