Black Tank Flush leak

MD Buck

While flushing the black water tank, water started to pour out of the bottom of the rv. Upon checking the problem, I discovered that there is an anti-siphon valve behind the circular panel in the shower. Some bugs had gotten into the valve and was keeping it from functioning. If others have this type of problem you may want to check this valve. Also, it is good to know it is there.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: Blsck Tank Flush leak

Problems with that anti-siphon valve are fairly common, unfortunately. And many of them are not located behind that shower stall opening, either. Mine is up in a wall, behind the commode, and when it goes, it ain't getting replaced. I already installed a brass check valve at the UDC fitting, when the plastic fitting (no valve inside) broke.

Lance & Jo

Problems with that anti-siphon valve are fairly common, unfortunately. And many of them are not located behind that shower stall opening, either. Mine is up in a wall, behind the commode, and when it goes, it ain't getting replaced. I already installed a brass check valve at the UDC fitting, when the plastic fitting (no valve inside) broke.

As John says it can get worse! When our anti siphon valve went I discovered that someone had thoughtfully placed the converter almost directly under it in order to provide some early clues that the valve had gone!!!!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

As John says it can get worse! When our anti siphon valve went I discovered that someone had thoughtfully placed the converter almost directly under it in order to provide some early clues that the valve had gone!!!!!

Exactly where mine was before I relocated it.