wind turbulence

szewczyk_john

I used to pull a 6000lb travel trailer and when a semi would blow past you could feel and see the trailer get sucked towards the passing semi. then you could see and feel the trailer get pushed away from the passing semi. I never really thought this was trailer sway but rather just turbulence. The only time I felt (what I'd call trailer sway) was when I was behind car carriers. Do 5th wheels experience this same effect? We will be picking up our new road warrior soon an we are getting exited about it.

jnbhobe

I doubt if you'll feel anything when you pass or get passed when pulling a fifth wheel.

PSF513

I still notice the suction and pressure changes pulling my BH. Just nowhere near as much

archbarb

When we had out TT, going on road trips ofter created the white knuckle effect. I hated to get passed by semi's because of the sway of the trailer. Also, it seemed as bad when I was behind a semi at about 25-50 yards. The fw makes traveling so much more enjoyable, almost seems like you have to look in the mirrors to see if its back there!!!!!

Archie

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We have very little sway now from passing trucks. Look at it this way...you will be now driving a "semi". Your RW will push back at the passing trucks. The last TT we had was terrible.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
With my truck and 5'er, I'm the pusher. With the TT and Avalanche, I was the pushee.