New 3055

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We picked up our new 3055 on Friday. Everything went well until we tried to hook up the truck to the trailer. We bought the 3055 because it is the same approximate size, although a little heavier, than our old Mobile Scout. I never thought about a hitch that would not accept the nylon/silicone lube ring. Mine wouldn't hook up until I removed the lube plate, then it slipped right on! We only went a few miles to a park where we met up with some friends for our shakedown weekend. To get it home, I sprayed both the hitch and the kingpin down with silicone spray but it still groans when turning.

The only other problem was one of the front legs wouldn't slide back up, but some more lubricant spray fixed it right up.

We love all of the storage, and the looks of friends that came by to look it over. So far, a good decision to buy.

jpmorgan37

Jay and Stella;
My heartiest congratulations on your new 3055. I know that you will love it and hope that you will enjoy it for many years to come.
John

Last edited:

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Silicone spray is far too thin, I use spray on white lube on the fifth wheel hitch and spray the pin all the way around for each trip and have never heard a squeak or a groan.

Don

5erWonk

Hey Jayc,

Congratulations on the new 3055...I pick mine up in 6 days, but who's counting.

I'm curious because I think all pins are a standard size. What brand of hitch do you have? Has anyone else had a problem with the silicon ring on the Heartland products?

Congratulations on your new 5th wheel. I took my new 08, 3055RL out last weekend, had a great time. It rained in Bodega bay, so for dinner we had 7 people in our trailer, we ate and watched Maimi Vice dvd, had a great time. I have the B&W companion hitch and the plate fits fine.
Mark

phranc

I have the Reese/Drawtite Signature series hitch and occassionaly it is cranky to release..I have a plastic lube plate installed. I think it was Chopper Bill that made a thinner lube plate from a plastic bottle or pail. This is something I am going to try as it may be a economical solution.

ChopperBill

I cut one out of a bottom of a 5 gallon bucket. Would have work good expt I cut the inside out to big. :eek: I just put on good ole white grease now. Works good. Can see when the hitch is released. Those B&W's are tight. Now I feel like a REAL truck driver.:D

dennylm

Congrats on your new 3055. By the way, another kudo for Butch and Karen at RV's-for-Less. My 3055 was due to arrive around March 15th. My wife was planning on saying goodbye to her office and joining me in retirement when we leave for Knoxville to get the 3055. Since then, her final project, which she has vowed to complete before leaving, has mushroomed with some "feature creep" and then her 90 year old mother was admitted to the hospital. I called Butch and Karen to see if we could possibly push the build date out about 3-4 weeks (boohoo) so I don't have to go get it alone. They checked with the factory and made it happen. I can imagine there are probably several dealers out there who would simply reply, "Sorry."

Denny

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I have a Reese Trail Boss hitch, and have never had a problem with it until now. I used this same hitch when I tried delivering RV's a few years ago and it worked very well with the lube plate.

Someone told me that there is a thinner model out there. Anyone heard of them and where can I buy one?