More info requested for CY 300C

I've been lurking the forum for quite some time and am looking forward to joining the Heatland club. After going back and forth between ordering the 3010 and the 3612, and the recently released 300C, I think the 300C is going to be a happy medium. My issue is that I can't find much, if any, information on this new trailer. I would love to find some more pics online (dealer, factory, etc) as the new models weren't present at the Pittsburgh RV show last month. I understand production just started on the 1st and can't imagine they'll be on the lots anytime soon, but the sooner the better. I am looking to order soon, would like to be on the road for a few trips this summer/fall.

I'm a little bit concerned about the bedroom layout and how the step-up effects the interiors front end. I'm 6-3, is the front end design going to cause any issues? I don't expect that I'll be hanging out/standing up in the front of the 5er much but I've never seen this layout before so I don't know where the step up starts at. If it's a few feet off the front of the bed, then that seems reasonable to me (as long as I'm not rolling out of bed onto the step up).

Front end storage (basement storage?) - Does it exist? I saw this mentioned by a couple of concerned users here and it seems like a deal breaker for some, meaning this is a highly sought after feature.

The couch - does it still fold out to a bed like the other models? My live-in mother-in-law may be going on some of the trips so I'll need as much sleeping room as possible. Kids (4 ranging from 13 to 1) will be in the garage and the MIL on the couch, it'll be cramped, but it is what it is. I've seen some room extension kits that use the ramp door as a floor so that may be on the "to purchase" list.

Can I assume this model is available in the HD edition as well? I'm set on getting the HD package as it'll match nicely with my TV (which is Ford's sterling gray). Not a fan of the white cabinets but I imagine that's something I can configure when ordering? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Pricing - MSRP released yet?

For what it's worth, I'm new to 5th wheels and can't wait to get back on the road (no full-timing, just long weekends away from home). I've had travel trailers for 15+ years but this will be my first fifth wheel. I love the floorplan of the 3612 as the loft/garage is ideal for my situation (kids/atv's/motorcycles), but between pulling it with a gasser ('11 F350 CC/LB, SRW, 4.30 gears/Firestone air bags) and the price jump between the 3612 and the 3010, it's just not in the cards.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

rustyshakelford

I think there are some pics of them on eBay motors. Go to rv's then type cyclone. They have some hd models too. The two tone cabinets are an option with the hd package. Cherry come standard. Can't help with the couch question. The pics online look to have the 18" front basement too

Brett

6.7powerstroke

Hi Matt. I was in the same boat as you about 2 weeks ago. We ordered the Road Warrior 30C with is identical to the 300C. I can probably answer most of your questions, or at least try as I did quite a bit of research on the unit. The step up is about half way under the bed. The bed is actually higher than in a traditional 5er, but I believe the ceiling height is roughly the same. I am only 5'9" so no issues for me, but I can't imagine the height being much more than 6'5". The website says 6'5", but most of the stats on there are not updated, just cut and pasted from other units.

So, there is now front end storage on the units. They actually stopped production to add this feature. I was told from the rep that it isn't huge, it is only an 18" door, but it should be enough to store your hoses, electrical lines, grill, etc.

I believe the couch still folds out, but I didn't check.

It will be available in an HD version from what I am told. The 370C is already being produced and that has an HD package, as it was at the Denver show.

MSRP on mine was 47,200. With the standard options that everyone always gets (Generator, electric beds in the back, patio door, etc) it brought the MSRP to 60K. I have been told from the rep that the Cyclone is going to run 2-3K more, not including the HD package. All of the differences will be cosmetic, and there are not very many.

The one thing to note is that these have heavy hitch weight. If you think about it, there is another 3-4 feet hanging over the truck. Hitch weight on the 30C was 2900 pounds, which I was shocked at. Your 300C would be the same. We looked at all of the Heartland products at the show, just LOVE the new nose cap. My folks have a Titanium which they swear by when it comes to towing. They claim 15% better fuel efficiency. The thing I like best is that you get a 38' 5er in a 30' tow length.

I think there are some pics of them on eBay motors. Go to rv's then type cyclone. They have some hd models too. The two tone cabinets are an option with the hd package. Cherry come standard. Can't help with the couch question. The pics online look to have the 18" front basement too

Brett

Thanks Brett! I found a couple of 370 HD's on there, they look awesome! I saw the mocha (white) cabinets in the pics and no offense to anyone that has them, but my wife and I looked at each other and agreed to stick with the cherry cabinets.

Hi Matt. I was in the same boat as you about 2 weeks ago. We ordered the Road Warrior 30C with is identical to the 300C. I can probably answer most of your questions, or at least try as I did quite a bit of research on the unit. The step up is about half way under the bed. The bed is actually higher than in a traditional 5er, but I believe the ceiling height is roughly the same. I am only 5'9" so no issues for me, but I can't imagine the height being much more than 6'5". The website says 6'5", but most of the stats on there are not updated, just cut and pasted from other units.

So, there is now front end storage on the units. They actually stopped production to add this feature. I was told from the rep that it isn't huge, it is only an 18" door, but it should be enough to store your hoses, electrical lines, grill, etc.

I believe the couch still folds out, but I didn't check.

It will be available in an HD version from what I am told. The 370C is already being produced and that has an HD package, as it was at the Denver show.

MSRP on mine was 47,200. With the standard options that everyone always gets (Generator, electric beds in the back, patio door, etc) it brought the MSRP to 60K. I have been told from the rep that the Cyclone is going to run 2-3K more, not including the HD package. All of the differences will be cosmetic, and there are not very many.

The one thing to note is that these have heavy hitch weight. If you think about it, there is another 3-4 feet hanging over the truck. Hitch weight on the 30C was 2900 pounds, which I was shocked at. Your 300C would be the same. We looked at all of the Heartland products at the show, just LOVE the new nose cap. My folks have a Titanium which they swear by when it comes to towing. They claim 15% better fuel efficiency. The thing I like best is that you get a 38' 5er in a 30' tow length.

Thanks Dave! I've seen your other posts regarding the 30C and appreciate the information you've provided in them. I've been really stuck on which trailer to get. If I was going to be camping a bunch, a diesel dually would've been sitting in my driveway but going 5-10 times a year didn't justify either of those added costs. I'm hoping the 4.30 gears will really help make up some of the difference (although my engine decision limits my trailer options). I should be ok on pin weights as long as they hover around 3k-3500 (truck has 11,200 GVWR, RAWR at 7k, tires rated to 3640 each). I also have a new set of Firestone airbags sitting in my living room ready to go on the truck to compensate for any excessive sag, just have to wait for some decent weather for the install. I am surprised that this trailers GVWR is only 14k considering the empty weight on the site lists 12k, doesn't leave much room for the way of toys after options and water/fuel are added. Oh well, will have to make sure the trailer tires are rated correctly. The pricing looks to be right about what we're budgeting so thanks again for that information.

I'll be interested to see how the mileage fairs vs. conventional towing. I only have my (gone but not forgotten) 2000 V10 to compare it against but I imagine the numbers will be marginally better, with the advantage being the ease of towing a fifth wheel.

Thanks again for the info!

Matt

rustyshakelford

looking at some pics, i agree with you about the two tone cabinets. we saw them in person and liked them though. i am nervous because i dont know which ones will really be in ours. i have seen some that looked brite white and that was terrible. ill let you know when we go pick our up if we love them, hate them or they will grow on us!

were a little nervous! it was alot of decisons

brett

I think we're going to end up waiting until the fall/winter to order. I'm going to make a trip to the dealer to check out one of these before I buy. The closest dealer to me that I talked to at the Pitt RV show called me earlier this week (a month and a half later?) and when I asked him about the new Titanium line, he had no clue. Yikes. I hadn't planned on buying from them anyways (talked to some folks here and got some GREAT info) but at least wanted to get down there to check one out. To be continued...

Again, thanks to those that provided feedback.

Matt