Dodge Mega Cab

splashw4

Does anyone use a dodge mega cab for their 5th wheel, if so what hitch would work for good clearance from the cab. thanks

Does any one use a sidewinder in a dodge mega cab, if so how well does it work does it provide enough clearance from cab?

jimtoo

Hi splashw4,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I did combine your post and move the post to the hitch area,, where you should get good answers.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

sgtbigb

I had a 2007 Dodge mega cab and at times came close to need a slider hitch, I have a 2010 dodge mega cab and found that I have a lot more clearance. Apparantly dodge move the 5th wheel connection back a few inches because I diffintly have more clearance!

BruteForce

2009 MegaCab owner here. I'm using a SuperGlide 18k auto-sliding hitch. The plastic on the 5th wheel scrapes my bed rails, but I've never had cab contact (and I cut some really tight corners in reverse trying to park the rig in my driveway).

Stinger381

I have a 2007 Dodge 2500 MegaCab and I use a Husky Hitch and have had no problems with clearance. It's pretty close at times but it's not going to ever make contact with the cab.

Riverman

We have a 2007 MegaCab with HiJacker Hitch (non slider)
I did raise mine up 1 notch after scraping the roll top cover rail on our first trip due to uneven terrain.
Still have a couple notches to go if needed.
No problems turning to +/- 90 degrees

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
It all depends on what length bed you have....short bed 6' or standard 8' bed. The short bed on the Mega is 4" shorter compaired to a quad /standard cab Ram. A slider hitch might be a good idea for a 6' bed.

PUG

Pug
I have an 09 Mega on a 3500 with a short bed. I have a Reese standard 20k hitch/non slider. I have a toolbox in the back that sits about 4 inches above the rail. I pull an 09 3950 cyclone. I can turn very sharp without problems but I do watch it very close if I am on uneven ground. When I mounted the hitch, I put the c/l of hith 1 1/2 inches behind the axle.

Riverman

It all depends on what length bed you have....short bed 6' or standard 8' bed. The short bed on the Mega is 4" shorter compaired to a quad /standard cab Ram. A slider hitch might be a good idea for a 6' bed.

Ours is the shortest box Dodge puts on a Megacab - still requires no slider