Recliner sliders

Bob Vaughn

I turned my recliners upside down today and found out why they are so miserable to move around.....they have black rubber nubs on the bottom of the base ring....No wonder they would not slide on the carpet to get away from the wall to recline and take a nap.....so I went to Home Depot and bought some small sliders and replaced them...Moves a lot easier now...:angel:

DougS

Doug S
I also used small nub sliders on one chair and it works better, but they had to be siliconed in place. What type of slider did you use, mine only works so, so.

Bob Vaughn

I bought the 1" ones that came with screws but I used 1" 8x32 nuts and bolts to hold them on...there were 8 nubs I removed them and drilled thru the back of the metal ring and installed them.....

DougS

Doug S
That's about the size I used, but I was able to find replacements that pop in, but they had to also be siliconed in place. I was looking for ideas for more surface area on the slides so the move better, but then they might shift during travel.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I did the exact thing last summer. Made a huge difference since even the DW can move them. I used the self adhesive ones and have had no problems