3494 QBS bunkroom question

firemailwv

Unless things change in the next 24 hours, I will be putting a deposit on a 3493 QBS tomorrow. While cruising every website that I could find info on the 3494, I saw a picture of the bunkroom. My concern is that with the street side sofe folded out to a bed it appears the door will not open. Can anyone confirm or deny that for me? I want to make sure I have no surprises when putting a deposit on a camper I have yet to step foot in. Hopefully all works out and we will be become a member of the Heartland family this spring.

thanks,

Jon

jimtoo

Hi Jon,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I was looking at the Heartland RVs Web Site for the 3494QBS and if you will look at the pictures by putting your cursor on the dots of the floor plan, it looks like the couch does not fold out. It appears to me to be a single bunk as it shows it with the door open. Hopefully someone that has one will jump in and tell us for sure.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

You have to click on floor plan slide show to see the pics.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
It's been awhile since I was in one of these (we looked before we got the Landmark), but I'm pretty sure the door was still useable with the sofa bed folded out. I would place a call to Heartland customer service (see numbers on Portal Page) and ask them if your dealer can't confirm for you.

firemailwv

fyi for anyone with this same question; the sofa is a jack knife and it does not interfere with the door when open. And - the rear bunkroom has a ceiling fan in it. This thing has tons of headroom from front to back and wall to wall.