shelves in washer/dryer area

Bob Vaughn

The latest twist is my wife wants shelves in the area where the washer goes. I don't know how hard it will be to mount shelf brackets on the slanted front wall. I need to decide whether closet maid or just prefinished wood shelves would work better? Am open for any and all suggestions...

jimtoo

When I get it finished should I post a photo? hee hee....

Nawww,,, just email it to Debra.. that way he will think it is her idea when she ask him to do it,,,..or maybe even his own if she just plants a picture someplace... cause he will have forgotten about this thread by then..:) only takes a day or so....:)
Ididnotpostthis..

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Nawww,,, just email it to Debra.. that way he will think it is her idea when she ask him to do it,,,..or maybe even his own if she just plants a picture someplace... cause he will have forgotten about this thread by then..:) only takes a day or so....:)
Ididnotpostthis..

Uhh, Jim - now what were you talking about?

djlogan

We have a 2011 Bighorn and faced the same dilema with the w/d cupboard. We put in a kitchen base cabinet, purchased at Lowes with a nice countertop. Put in two slide shelves - problem solved. Total cost - under $150.

Wharton

We went with plastic stuff. We have a big plastic crate, with lid, on the bottom(holds our winter weather gear and other little used but want convenient stuff), next item is a 4 drawer plastic "chest", then another big crate for DW's hobbies. Has worked out fine. The challenge is finding the plastic stuff. Crates were no problem, chest of drawers took a few days of looking(I think everything was bought at Target). We also found an "end table" for between the chairs. 1 file drawer and 2 smaller drawers. Good height. The only problem is the 22# cat sat on top of the "end table" and it has a definite downward curve to it now. Next time we are someplace with time we will put a piece of wood on top.

Bob Vaughn

I bought the closet maid wall plate and 11" shelf brackets to hook into them....Lowes had some 12" cherry finished shelves so I bought 4 of them and had to cut each one a different length to fit....It really looked sharp when I got finished....the color matched the rest of the wood perfectly....My wife is tickled with the results....

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
If you click on the "Go Advanced" box/button, it will give you a screen with an option to "Manage Attachments". You may need to scroll down some to get to that area of the screen. You can upload pictures following the directions on the screens that follow from there.