where to install inverter?????

FARMER45

we are picking up our new bh 3585 rl monday. i need to install a 600 watt inverter to run a cpap machine. would it be better to put the inverter in storage area next to the battery and run wire to bedroom to plug into.
or put inverter in bedroom and run heavy cables to battery. then I could plug direct into the, inverter
this is for in case of a power loss, not a for long term use

i dont know much about the use of inverters
i have this pure sine wave 600 watt already

DougS

Doug S
I just installed a 2,000 watt inverter in a 2011 Grand Canyon which is very simlar to your floor plan. My directions stated to keep the wire to inverter to under 6 foot. I installed the inverter on the left side wall on the curb side of the basement, which is on the wall closest to the battery. If you check your directions, it will recommend the size wire, I used 0 gauge and less then three feet.
As for running wire, I ran 10 gauge for 12 volt outlets into the base of the cabinet at the foot of the bed. I just past the wires up the hole for the waste line from the washing machine. If your unit has a boxed in canal on the ceiling of the curb side ceiling in the basement, that makes it real easy, box houses wires and pipe and is only held up by 4 screws.

I also installed a 150 amp circuit breaker on the wires leading from the battery. The circuit breaker also acts as an on/off switch. If you are not sure of wiring, you might think of getting a price from your dealer.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Did you mean 110 volt outlets? And what is Curb Side? Is that the same as door side?

hoefler

Check your CPAP, most have a transformer that plugs into the outlet. The transformer output voltage is 12 volt DC. If it is like mine, I made a cable from a 12 volt accessory extension cord and change the plug on the end to fit my machine and plugged into the 12 volt outlet by the television.

Northern Virginia
As for running wire, I ran 10 gauge for 12 volt outlets into the base of the cabinet at the foot of the bed. I just past the wires up the hole for the waste line from the washing machine. If your unit has a boxed in canal on the ceiling of the curb side ceiling in the basement, that makes it real easy, box houses wires and pipe and is only held up by 4 screws.

I also installed a 150 amp circuit breaker on the wires leading from the battery. The circuit breaker also acts as an on/off switch. If you are not sure of wiring, you might think of getting a price from your dealer.

You would have been fine using 12 gauge wire. #10 is not necessary (rated for 30 amps) but more importantly, it is much harder to work with when wiring receptacles (especially the compact RV style, cheesy 15 amp receptacles.

All of the receptacles in the bedroom are 15 amp, so you are already overrating using 12 gauge wire.

John

DougS

Doug S
I wrote,
"As for running wire, I ran 10 gauge for 12 volt outlets into the base of the cabinet at the foot of the bed."

This was for another 12 volt project. I was just showing that running wires is not hard to do. You should be able to run wire for a separate outlet with no problem for you cpap machine.

FARMER45

Thanks for the advice . I just looked at the transformer on my res-med auto cpap it has a 24 volt output so looks like i must go with the 110 volt plug
it has a heated humidifer, that may be the reason for the 24 volts instead of 12