North Trail vs Outback

h2ocop

I'm shopping for a new RV and love the new look of the Outback. Although my first visit to a North Trail with the 2 bedrooms was awesome. Anyone have feedback on what I should do?

jimtoo

Hi h2ocop,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure someone will jump in and give some suggestions...I do know the Norh Trail is one of the most popular TT Heartland makes and is gaining everyday.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I can't tell you anything about the outback, but looking at their website they seem to have a few of the features Heartland has. What distinguishes Heartland Products over other brands is the fit and finish throughout the coach, and the attention to it's owners. Heartland is very in tune with the folks that own and consider buying their products. They take care of you after the sale. They make sure they are constantly improving their product. We loved our North Trail, our first ever RV. We are amazed at how much they have upgraded over the past 3 years. I was very impressed with ones I saw at the RV show a few weeks ago.

Good luck in your decision!

E

Last edited:

irvin56

We own a Quad bunk model and very happy with the products that N.T. has used inside to equip their units. We have a 2 room setup for beds and can/ do close doors on them and still have people up in main area while others are sleeping or watching tv's .
I will not go back to any make or model that does not have this setup for closing off rooms.

Best advise is look around and see what's out there and floor plans you like. And buy for your needs and wants, regardless of who makes it.

We took over 2 months and lots of looking over that time and always referred back to our 31QBS. and don't regret it.

heartland makes nice units and stands behind their products. We made our choice and you need to make yours. good luck on any trailer you buy

olyfire

We have had both the Outback and North Trail. We had the Outback for three years and liked it very much, no real problems. Last Spring we attended an RV show to see about getting a larger trailer. It was nice to be able to compare side by side. I had never heard of Heartland at the time but they caught our eye. We fully intended to buy another Outback but found we were comparing everything to the North Trail.
Within the next month we started looking in honest for another, larger RV. After looking again it was obvious the overall quality of the Heartland was more solid and finished than the Outback.
The other point is the Heartland Customer Service. We have owned a number of RV's over the years but never this kind of customer care. We did have a few problems with our new North Trail. Heartland customer service was outstanding to help resolve our issues since our dealer had no interest.
If I were to go out today and buy an other RV it would be a Heartland product.

GaryWT

Friends just bought an Outback and it is nice but we could not find a floorplan that worked for us and some of their models nhave the rear slide bed which we did not like too much.