Refrigerator on North Trail 5th wheel

Rick32040

I am having a small issue with the refrigerator. I swapped over to gas during a camping trip for the ride home. Once I got home I turned the refrigerator off and shut the gas off. When I went camping the next time I could not get it to turn on using the electrical means. It works great on gas but I need it to swap back to electrical. Anybody have this issue before?

Thanks

Rick

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Re: Refriderator on North Trail 5th wheel

Open the vent cover on the outside of the trailer and check to ensure the fridge is still plugged in. Ours vibrated/bounced/something came unplugged once all by itself.

irvin56

Also, check the breaker, as it may have tripped. Do you have the battery disconnected or is battery drained ?, by switch or removed post. it has to have 12 volt to run the electronics inside controls setup. check that the switches are set right on fridge for electric use.

Crumgater

We saw this often on our old SOB camper - the fridge plugged in to a GFI outlet in the outside compartment - the outlet itself would trip every once and a while.

Rick32040

The breaker is on, the light inside is on. As soon as I turn thr fridge on it seems to try to go to gas. I loked behind the vent cover and it is plugged in. THere are 2 fuses on the board. first one is a 120 volt fuse which it is good. 2nd fuse is also good but I think it is a DC fuse in which I tested and I do not any DC voltage going to it. I guess it is possible to lose the control board and the gas will still operate the refrigerator. I baffled.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Check the GFCI outlet breaker. It could be tripped.

Willym

If the fridge light works then you have 12 volts. You need the 12volt supply to operate the fridge on gas and electricity. You need to check that you are getting 120volts AC to the circuit board. Check for a tripped GFI/CB as others have suggested. If you have 120 VAC at the control board and 120VAC fuse has been proven good, then there may be a control board fault in that it does not sense the 120VAC supply.

The breaker is on, the light inside is on. As soon as I turn thr fridge on it seems to try to go to gas. I loked behind the vent cover and it is plugged in. THere are 2 fuses on the board. first one is a 120 volt fuse which it is good. 2nd fuse is also good but I think it is a DC fuse in which I tested and I do not any DC voltage going to it. I guess it is possible to lose the control board and the gas will still operate the refrigerator. I baffled.