Under bed storage...

Bob Vaughn

The storage space under the bed is only about 4" deep....My wife suggested we just lay our travel books under there....It worked out pretty good....

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Awesome! Isn't it nice to have that space! We keep extra blankets, sheets, and pillows in there!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Are you guys talking under the hidabed couch? If you talking about the bed, the Key Largo that we just odered a little while back has 3 large drawers under it. If your talking the bed then they must have changed it at some time. Just curious.

jimtoo

I can't find it right now... but some have taken the panel from under the bed,, measure the opening on the side or where ever it is open when opening or closing the slide, and cut a hole in the panel to where one of the plastic storage bins will rest on the panel and still not touch to the floor. Makes for extra room for blankets,,winter clothes...or what ever as long as it is not to heavy.

Jim M

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
If some one has afew pics of that, I sure would like to see them. We will need all the space we can get.

caissiel

When we modified our bed for queen size bed I had the chance to modify the storage dept by changing the framing layout by installing the frames both side of the hydraulic cylinder.

Some pics

Attachments

• Bed Storage 6in Containers.jpg
    Bed Storage 6in Containers.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 218
  • Bed Frame Front.jpg
    Bed Frame Front.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 228
  • 465.jpg
    465.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 210
  • Bed Frame Rear.JPG
    Bed Frame Rear.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Bed Storage Empty.JPG
    Bed Storage Empty.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 197

DXprowler

After cutting the plywood I cut off the handles on the 2 Rubbermaid containers and pushed them into the hole. Fit perfectly and the outside edge is supported by the original frame. I didn't have to modify the 2x2 frame at all!

IMG_1125.JPGIMG_1127.JPGIMG_1128.JPG

Bob Vaughn

I can't find it right now... but some have taken the panel from under the bed,, measure the opening on the side or where ever it is open when opening or closing the slide, and cut a hole in the panel to where one of the plastic storage bins will rest on the panel and still not touch to the floor. Makes for extra room for blankets,,winter clothes...or what ever as long as it is not to heavy.

Jim M
That is what I plan on doing after I get some of the other projects done....Our other camper had about 18 inches of storage under the bed.......I understand about the slide motors being there .... another brand of 5th wheel had two storage bins under the bed one on either side of the motor......

porthole

Retired
Did you guy already have hinged beds and hydraulic pistons?

I hinged my panel (Cyclone) and haven't found the right combination of piston length and capacity and proper mounting point. I have ripped the pistons out and pushed the bed framing out already trying to find the right spot.

Bob Vaughn

DX prowler, I have not opened up the space under the bed to have a look see but could you have used the right side also?? We have the 3250ts and this looks just like ours...

goodtruck

Great Ideas I am looking for the right size linear actuator so all the wife has to do is hit a switch to raise the bed.I guess when I find it I will do this kind of thing too.Thanks for the pics.

DXprowler

DX prowler, I have not opened up the space under the bed to have a look see but could you have used the right side also?? We have the 3250ts and this looks just like ours...

No, there's not enough room because of a steel beam, part of the slide mechanism, that's in the way.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
DXprowler - you are right - there is not enough room under a queen size bed in the BC 3250. I just went outside and pulled the cover off from under the bed and there was a big tubular frame in the way. I can't lower the cover but only about 1 1/2-2" and to try to put a basket to one side like a previous post, the basket could only be about 10" wide. Ah well - good try.

DXprowler

DXprowler - you are right - there is not enough room under a queen size bed in the BC 3250. I just went outside and pulled the cover off from under the bed and there was a big tubular frame in the way. I can't lower the cover but only about 1 1/2-2" and to try to put a basket to one side like a previous post, the basket could only be about 10" wide. Ah well - good try.

Nabo... You can't do what I did with the Rubbermaid's in my earlier post with the pic's? There's room on the left side but not on the right. Maybe the pedestal is smaller under the queen bed?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I really can't do it on either side. The right side can't be done at all because of the beam and the left side only can have a basket less than 10". True I haven't had time today to run to Home Depot or wallyworld to see if I can find a container narrow enough that will have enough depth to make it wothwhile. Right now my project is getting ready to pull the vinyl and carpet up in the living room and replace them. Looking at stick-on flooring that I'm going to run from the entry doorway back to the rear of the coach. After 5 seasons on the current carpet, it's gone and the vinyl flooring in the kitchen had been cut by the slide roller before it was adjusted. Hoping to get it done before our first campout in March if the weather holds.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I did basically the same thing as DXprowler, with the king size bed in our 3670. The right 2/3's under the bed panel is taken up by the slide mechanism, but the left side is clear. We've only got one big tote container in there and a large zippered plastic bag with extra bedding in it. On the other side, on top of the close-out panel, I put extra jackets, etc., on it, spread out. The ones we need at the beginning and end of our summer season, but just take up closet space the rest of the time.

caissiel

We reducer the width of the bed by 6" on each side so increasing the dept was the only solution. Its now over 6" deep and all our bedding and extra article fits in the containers.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Here is what we did last spring. It's the wire mesh version of what people are talking about.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...storage-basket?p=114955&viewfull=1#post114955

Kristy