Rubber Floor in Garage

Jett

Scott,

Does the factory glue the rubber matting to the plywood or is it held down by the side-walls and molding at the rear.

Jett

Scott,

Thanks for the quick response. I honestly look forwarded to being a proud Heartland owner (later this afternoon or as soon as I work-out a couple of issues with my dealer).

C

Cyclone1

Jett-
Scott is quick to follow up but I wanted to also respond and let you know it is completly glued down in garage area. From side to side and front to back the floor is glued and then the cover is put on and the walls are set on top of the covering. Also, the floor to the wall seam is sealed to keep any moisture from getting into the wall or floor. Just in case you have a gas or an oil spill. Thank you and we hope to earn your business!

Brian
Cyclone/Razor Product Manager

Jett

Brian,

Also thanks for the additional info. I took delivery of my 08 3210 yesterday evening. After a false start Tuesday, everything at the dealer was just about as close to perfect as one could expect.

The rubber mat on my 3210 has definitely come "unglued". My dealer said he will need to replace the entire mat, so he is going to contact you today about a replacement. I also noticed a couple of other things that slipped through at the factory: Someone forgot to drill the hole in the body and install the sleeve for the front leg emergency crank access. Also, one of the high pressure hydraulic hoses from the slide pump is very, very taunt (no slack at all). I'm somewhat concerned about long-term impact this constant tension could have on the hose and fittings. We slit a short piece of rubber hose and slid it of over the hydraulic hose to provide some protection from the sharp edge of the pump mounting plate, but I'm still concerned about other long-term damage to the hose. We looked at two other Cyclones on his lot and the same hose on both of them were stretched pretty taunt -- but not quite as taunt as mine. I think it might be something that you might want to look at.

I definitely do NOT want this to sound like an email from an unhappy customer, because I am VERY HAPPY

C

Cyclone1

Thank you for the input. I've printed out your message and I will take it to the production meeting that i attend every morning. Service will get you handled on the garage floor. Very unusual for the flooring to come loose. They'll get you handled. Thank you for your patience. Thank you again for your business!

mufflerman

Jett,
are you talking about the floor or the tail gate? My tailgate bubbled real bad so the factory wants to line-x it because the tailgate is made elsewere and they don't want to replace the whole thing.
I have to laugh at the manual crank hole, My 3795 is over a year old and still in the shop, one of the items is to drill a hole, I was told that a few missed this step. I guess they are still missing this step a year later (slow learners) And you have a new model.
The reason my dealer hasn't drilled this hole yet is because the propane door frame is exactly center where thre hole is supposed to be, They haven't located a offset crank that will work. ha ha.

Jett

Mufflerman

My problem is on the actual garage floor. The tail gate looks good. It is covered with some type of anti-skid material.

Fortunately, I have a clear shot from the outside to the manual crank receptical. Shouldn't need one of those special "off-set" cranks.

Jett

Scott

mufferman,
I don't know the exact details of your ramp door (what you called a "tail gate") non-skid material bubbling, but I do know that we will work hard with the door manufacturer to get it repaired. We have had a lot of success with this particular door manufacturer, as have a lot of our fellow toy hauler manufacturers, so I'm glad to say that this is not the norm. While I could see where the door mfg. would not be interested in replacing the whole, massive, steel door to make the grip surface smooth - I am sure that they will work with us to make it right.
ST

I own a 3795 also purchased last year and now that I think about it. I do not recall ever seeing any holes for the manual crank for the front jacks.
Where would these "holes" be located? It is in the shop as we speak for a couple issue now and now would be the time to have that fixed if I do not have the access either. Someone please advise.

I also never received a "wand" for the spare tire. The dealer appears to not know what I am talking about.

Thanks!

mufflerman

Scott,
I have allready agreed to have it line-x ed, I was told that the 'ramp' door manfacturer could not send just the non-skid material, No big deal as long as there are no bubble's, line-x should work fine,

Big kuhuna,
The crank hole should be on the left side just in front of the propane door,
I never thought of it until the landing gear motor started skiping.
The proplem I'm going to have is the propane door is to far forward so the center of hole (thats not there) should be on the metal door frame. The only fix that I can see is to move the jacks forward or move the door rewards, either way no easy fix.

Mufflerman,

Thanks for the reply. I need to look at mine as the warranty expires this month and I do not want any problems on getting this problem fixed if I have the same problem. I purchased mine back in March of 06 but it was tagged as an 07. Appears yours is the same so I probably have the same problem.

Jett

Update:

Dealer ordered (or said he ordered) a new rubber floor mat and manual crank sleeve the day we bought the Cyclone. They still haven't arrived after 6 weeks. I've been using the Cyclone the entire time, so it's not a real issue that it's taking so long for the parts to arrive, but it really makes me wonder what will happen if it's ever really broken and needs parts. I"m not going to be a happy camper if I'm ever making payments while my camper sets in the dealer's lot for half the summer.

Jett

Scott

Jett, Let me know the name of the dealer and the last six of your VIN and I'll give you the details of the order (when it was placed, why it hasn't shipped if it really was ordered six weeks ago).
ST

Jett

Scott,

Thanks for the assist. Last six of VIN is: 006409

Name of dealer is a little complicated. It could be Forsyth Camping Center or perhaps McDonough RV Center. I actually bought it from Forsyth Camping Center and took delivery there -- they also ordered the repair parts. However, they must be in a partnership with McDonough RV Center because my purchase paperwork indicates "McDonough RV Center" as the seller. When I had to clear-up some insurance and title issues, the folks I'd been dealing with at Forsyth Camping Center told me I had to contact McDonough RV Center.

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
Jett, I found the order and it is in process. I went to the plant and pulled the part you need for the landing leg and we are plant pulling the rubber flooring for the rear of the unit now. The problem is, we didn’t receive the order for the parts until 4-4-07. I apologize for the delay since we have received it, so we will be shipping this out very shortly.
Thanks, Jim Fenner--Heartland Customer Service

Jett

Jim and Scott,

Thanks for the assist. I had suspected that Forsyth Camping Center hadn't ordered the part on 01 Mar as they had claimed. Funny that you got the order on 04 Apr -- that's the same day that I last called them to check on delivery status. Coincidence? (and, yes, they did "throw you under the bus" -- claimed that they were as frustrated as I was over your slow delivery)

I genuinely appreciate the assist I'm getting from the factory and I honestly believe the Cyclone is a great product, but YOUR dealer hasn't done anything right yet. If I can't find a better dealer, I can guarantee that my next RV won't be a Heartland product. There are equally good products out there that are sold and maintained by established, reputable dealers.