Back wall of basement

Bob Vaughn

I want to open the back wall of the basement of my 3250ts to check to see if the factory installed vacuum is plugged in .....It does not come on and I checked the circuit breaker and I hate to hook up the camper to drive to the dealer to have them check something that I could check in my yard...:mad:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bob, we don't have a vacuum in our rig but maybe someone with a similar rig will respond before you pull the wall. You may not have to go that far to solve the problem. If you do remove the wall, It's normally secured by a few screws along the aluminum base trim and you'll have to feel/search for a few more screws in the upper part of the panel.

djlogan

I have a 3610 Bighorn. I had to pull the backwall to access the motor itself on the vac. My vac was actually inop, but I was able to pull it and plug it in in my garage to confirm. Heartland provided me with a replacement through my dealer. I'm like you - I do NOT want to haul my rig to a dealer to fix stuff i can fix myself.

archbarb

On our 3250TS there are several screws located where the black fabric butts up to the UDC. Once the screws are removed there you can get to the central vac motor and plug. I did notice that I had to use alittle force pushing the hose connector in for good contact to operate!!!!!

Archie

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you have the Eureka Yellow Jacket they (Eureka) will replace it rather than repair it. There are wires that can come loose on the hookup door that would keep it from turning on. They sometimes come loose too. I would check that first. To access the vacume you will have to remove the screws holding the wall then remove the wall.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hmmm. I've often wondered why there were two outlets behind my basement walls and only the converter was plugged into one of them. My Dirt Devil vac was dealer installed under the steps, as is the hose port inside. They ran the cord out through the basement wall to the 120V outlet mounted on the basement wall panel. You can see it to the left side of the access panel.

View attachment 11914

JohnDar

If you look at the photo, you can see where my bathroom register is. The converter outlet is not below that, but more to the other side of the toilet. To get at it from above, I'd have to literally kiss the Porcelain Goddess to reach it. There is another outlet located almost under the register, but there is a vent pipe directly under the register that obstruct it. The Basement of Doom photo shows it (old photo, prior to relocating stuff). I think another spring project will be to relocate the converter outlet to the mount panel I installed closer to the basement wall access panel.

View attachment 11920

2010augusta

Basement%20of%20Doom%201.JPG

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=7994&d=1272213736

Jimmy

Basement%20of%20Doom%201.JPG

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=7994&d=1272213736

Alan, did you change your Outside Shower hose, I am having problems with the connector breaking at the head of the original white hose. I have replaced it twice now...

2010augusta

Alan, did you change your Outside Shower hose, I am having problems with the connector breaking at the head of the original white hose. I have replaced it twice now...

Sort of, I added a 2nd 5' hose, so we could use the shower to hose off the dogs, while the dogs are still on the ground. Any Hardware store should have replacements, the ends are just 1/2NPT

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Holy Smokes...is that what it looks like behind the panels? How would one ever know what is what? An adventure awaits!

atlal

Over the weekend I was thinking about reinstalling my basement back wall. It been off for months. I think I have my last water leak fixed, and its camping season again.

I found the latest leak because of a foot long icicle hangin off the frame below the water heater. It took awhile, but I finally narrowed the leak (a really slow drip) down to the flex hose that goes from the water heater to the water heated bypass valve. Heartland uses a crimper that is very difficult to remove. I had to cut the flex hose to get the L-adaptor off of the bypass valve. I walked around Home Depot for awhile until I figured out that a bolt cutter would cut the crimp off. If you try this make sure to wear safety glasses and point the crimp away from you.

JohnDar

Over the weekend I was thinking about reinstalling my basement back wall. It been off for months. I think I have my last water leak fixed, and its camping season again.

I found the latest leak because of a foot long icicle hangin off the frame below the water heater. It took awhile, but I finally narrowed the leak (a really slow drip) down to the flex hose that goes from the water heater to the water heated bypass valve. Heartland uses a crimper that is very difficult to remove. I had to cut the flex hose to get the L-adaptor off of the bypass valve. I walked around Home Depot for awhile until I figured out that a bolt cutter would cut the crimp off. If you try this make sure to wear safety glasses and point the crimp away from you.

Those are PEX crimp rings. Easiest way to get them off is to get a pair of concrete nippers at Lowe's or Home Depot. There are tile nippers and concrete ones. You want the ones where the jaws actually meet. Cut and twist the tab, and they should break off. With a little care, you can use the same tool to recrimp the fitting. Having a few more pennies than brain cells, I've got the tools to handle both styles of PEX crimp rings and deal with prepping the tubing. I've had to fix a small leak, myself.

Even with the walls off, if you have to work in there, be ready for sore knees and a sore back, maybe even a sore noggin from banging into things. It's not the easiest place to work, almost qualifies as a PERMIT REQUIRED - CONFINED SPACE.

caissiel

I have noticed a new floor on the 2011 Big Country.
I much prefer the black carpeting for my stored containers and working in the basement. Much nicer on the knees.
AH well I also have a piece of carpeting I keep the do work on the bottom of the camper. Could be used there also I guess.

JohnDar

I've got a foam kneeling pad I stole from the wife's gardening supplies that helps, but after a while you start to feel the floor underneath. Depending on what/where you're trying to work in there, the only support you have is your back and abdominal muscles while you're reaching into the depths of darkness back there. Definitely don't want to risk leaning against any of the black plastic plumbing down there.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I have noticed a new floor on the 2011 Big Country.
I much prefer the black carpeting for my stored containers and working in the basement. Much nicer on the knees.
AH well I also have a piece of carpeting I keep the do work on the bottom of the camper. Could be used there also I guess.

Funny all the differences in the 2011's just from which month they were manufactured! I have the black carpet/fabric in our 2011 but don't have the kitchen window, stairway drawers, or slam baggage doors.