First Extended Service Corporation

DaleR

"Hi"
Anybody have info. on this extended warranty service? My dealer is offering 5 years at $1995.

New "big Country" model 3075RL, three slides, with king size bed.

Thanks to all, have been reading lot of good info. on this forum.

DRR :confused:

Uncle Rog

My dealer offered the same deal, my friends bought a 3670 last month and bought the plan for $1000.00 ! , I would have gone for that but they would not deal....

mufflerman

A 4 or 5 year no deductable ext.warranty should cost about 950 to 1200,
depends an the dealer, 7 year with no deductable will cost about 1500 to 1600.

sgtbigb

I had phoenix American on my prior 5th wheeler. I ha d a claim because my trailer lights quit working. they paid the claim with no problem. However I sold my 5th wheeler that they had covered back in Sept 2007 and has yet got back my full unused premuin that I am due!

Most of these warranties are nothing but a money maker for the dealer
what ever the amount of the warranty is , you should be able to cut the amount that they are asking in half, and the dealer is still making,money normally the business manager of most dealers try to offer these deals

We're purchasing a Big Horn 3580 RL and our dealer has offered "choice extended warranty 7 yrs. supreme coverage" for $1586. No idea what the particulars are as of yet, but checking into it......
B&B

jpmorgan37

B & B;

There has been a lot of discussion about extended service contracts in the past. Here is a post that I made last year that may be of interest to you. Extended Warranties
Hope this helps,

John

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I got a great deal from Phoenix American for 7 years for $856. Can't beat that I assure you. I went to an independent company off the internet and the lowest price for the same coverage with Phoenix American with zero deductible was $1995. It pays to shop around.

not accepted

we purchased the extended warranty for $1900 in august.
Just got a letter saying they are not accepting it...wonder what that is about...oh yeah, no refund as yet.
Just got he letter today..will look into it tomorrow...had to pat GST on it when i imported it to Canada...go figure

jbeletti

Bob and Jennifer,

If the warranty company is not accepting the contract, I would hope they or your dealer would reimburse you. You should contact the selling agent on this (dealer?). Do a quick Google on this company too. An eye-opener. This could be a blessing in disguise if you get your premium back.

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have just had the opportunity(?) to use the extended warranty we bought when we purchased our Landmark a year and a half ago. The warranty company is RV Sheild and we have had no problem in getting it accepted by Action RV in Conroe TX. RV Sheild took care of the repair costs and it was very smooth transaction. Mark (the mobile tech guy) from Action RV did a good job with the repairs and was knowledgable in the Heartland product line and changed out our Microwave/Convection oven and our Converter quickly. Our biggest slowdown was in the shipping time to receive the parts which was unavoidable. We would recommend RV Sheild and Action RV (if you are in the Conroe/Willis area).

phoenix50

Extended Warranty?

Will be picking up my Augusta next week as long as the weather holds out, but still up in the air about getting the extended warranty. I had one on my 04 Mountaineer but never used it. Any ideas?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Will be picking up my Augusta next week as long as the weather holds out, but still up in the air about getting the extended warranty. I had one on my 04 Mountaineer but never used it. Any ideas?

If you get one for a reasonable amount then the first or second time you use it then it will pay for itself.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Warranty - RVs for Less

rvs for less includes that warranty with his units

driver311
To reply to Driver311 comment about RVs for Less including the warranty with their campers. We have bought 2 new 5th wheels from this dealership, the first one did come with an extended warranty but the second one did not. The dealership (Butch) said that the cost of the warranty had gotten too expensive therefore all new units did not come with the extended warranty. The dealership website still shows a warranty but upon checking again with RVs for Less, was told they do not offer it anymore.

grizzlygiant

My dealer likes to get paid for his work and is selective in which "extended warranty" he will accept. Choice Protection Plan is on the "no" list. When you read and compare inclusions/exclusions on the various policies you can see a considerable difference. The question of getting the company to perform is the other big question. Selecting the paln that your servicing dealer likes seems to me to be the wise way to go.